Arturia Beatstep in Cubase 5

Alexa S

So, I'm just starting to figure this thing out and I'm already lost. Can anybody help me to connect the Arturia Beatsetp midi controller to Cubase 5. I have the controller pluged in via usb and it's not appearing anywhere in Cubase as a device that I could use. What am I missing here?
Pls help! :)

Create a MIDI track and find the controller in the pulldown. You might have to go to VST connections or Device setup in the devices tab on top. Sorry I can't be of more help, I don't MIDI that much.

Yeah, I did all that before I posted here... I'm not a pro but I do know this much. The device is nowere to be found. That's the problem! :(

Did you load up the Arturia Midi Control software?

Is the device showing up in Device>Device Setup>Midi Port Setup?

Can you post screenshots?

Yeah, I've managed to get it connected. I was an idiot, I just connected the usb, now I'm running it through my scarlett 2i4
Now I have a couple of new problems: huuuuuge latency and the fact that I can't seem to get the monitoring through my headphones (that i have connected to the interface). The monitoring comes through the laptop speakers.
Pls help. Here's a screenshot of the midi devices panel arturia.jpg

In Cubase:

Devices>Device Setup...>VST Audio System.

Select your Scarlett from the 'ASIO Driver' drop down menu.

That will select your interface.

Then you will later be going there to adjust your latency (buffer) settings. Well, as long as the Scarlett has a control panel.

Devices>Device Setup...>select the Scarlett listed under 'VST Audio System' in the menu. That will bring up a menu with 'Control Panel' at top. Click on that to adjust latency.

:)

Have fun!

Back