Art Tube mic pack, what do you think?

there are guys here who will come give you a really detailed answer but I can tell you you need a sound card of some sort...they make pretty fast USB ones now...im sure someone else here will go real in depth soon. or just check out www.hr-faq.org

Dude I got the Presona Tube Pre from Guitar Center for <$70 bucks. It works awesome. So well I eliminated my Behringer mixer. Now I go directly from mic ==> pre ==> PC. Check them out, I believe they have higher end specs than the Art pack.

I'm a newbie so i had a little trouble with arranging the software to read the hardware correctly. You have to go to their website and download the latest driver if you have winxp. The whole ASIO/EASI and MME thing threw me off at first but after a lot of reading, a couple of posts on this site and a few calls to the tech support I was clear on my way to recording. The sound is clear with a very simple interface.

Well it depends on your sound card but if you are as financially challenged as I am, you can go from your tube pre directly to the LINE IN on your sound blaster card using adapters to go from XLR/1/4" to 1/8". Don't use the microphone in because it doesnt have enough impedance, and what I discovered is microphone inputs generate way too much hiss when the pre is ran through. I am getting good results with Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum's Line In.

The duo has a usb connection so you do not even have to worry about line in/out 1/4 or 1/8. You just plug it into your usb socket install and record.

Back