ARRGH! Pirate Rock "Drunken Pirates Lost on an Island!"

Hey Snakedog - great tune man....downloaded into my collection...

Intro - like that snappy snare intro.

Heavy duty build up about 1:18 that rolls into the Chorus.

Vocals are a hair low in spots. But more up front than your tunes from last year. That's good because your vocals are a major part of the appeal of your music.

2:15 - cool dual leads - when they are an octave apart they really sing.

3:11 is where I would fade it - the licks are ok but the vocals sound a bit "strange" after that.. (just personal opinion) :D

The bass seems to fade in and out a bit or is that deliberate? I'm wondering if it needs compression to level out the high and low notes.

Guitars sound extremely nice - that new strat is definitely sweet sounding. Your settings/tone/micing are working well.

Drums sound great again....sounds like quite a bit of work and they turned out dynamic...

Classic SnakeDog5050 writing - creative, melodic, nicely layered, cool themes/lyrics, trademark sound.....

:) :D :) :D

ido1957 said:
Hey Snakedog - great tune man....downloaded into my collection...

Intro - like that snappy snare intro.

Heavy duty build up about 1:18 that rolls into the Chorus.

Vocals are a hair low in spots. But more up front than your tunes from last year. That's good because your vocals are a major part of the appeal of your music.

2:15 - cool dual leads - when they are an octave apart they really sing.

3:11 is where I would fade it - the licks are ok but the vocals sound a bit "strange" after that.. (just personal opinion) :D

The bass seems to fade in and out a bit or is that deliberate? I'm wondering if it needs compression to level out the high and low notes.

Guitars sound extremely nice - that new strat is definitely sweet sounding. Your settings/tone/micing are working well.

Drums sound great again....sounds like quite a bit of work and they turned out dynamic...

Classic SnakeDog5050 writing - creative, melodic, nicely layered, cool themes/lyrics, trademark sound.....

:) :D :) :D

Captian Ido, much helpful mate of the sea, thanks a lot for the detailed review, really appreciate it!
I'm trying to do a better job with the vox nowadays, make things clearer, I'll check the levels out. The bass is interesting, there's a regular bass that switches off with a distorted bass for the heavier parts. The regular bass part is pretty wild, and on my bass guitar if I go all over the fretboard, the lower strings are always much louder so I wasn't sure if that'd be distracting or cool, I'll try to find a way to compress that better and see how it sounds.
Thanks about the guitars, lovin the strat :) :D
The "strange" vox are me trying to make ocean wave and sea gull sounds, I might just cut the vox there instead of fading. Thanks again for the tips and review, glad you enjoyed it! AARRRRGGGHHHHH!!

Hey dude, was finally able to hear it. :)

Hey, the rapping is real nice. :). Very Blondie-like (Rapture) in places.

Hey, the sea gull sounds are funny. :)

The bass is sounding real nice. On the system and how it's played. Cool bassline.

The real drums makes a real difference. They sound cool.

At 3:09 it sounds like you're gonna hork and then spit. :) After 3:20, I'd vote for removing the sea gull noises. :)

Will listen again in the morning for better review. :)

---------

Oh, hey that Psycho llamas in space is sounding real nice. :)

Have you hearc the 1st LP by Richard Hell & the VOIDOIDS? This track reminds me of "Love Comes In Spurts".
A key piece of chaos you have put together.
Lots of greats little parts in this assemblage too.
Well done - & stay insane please.

Man, bring some of those leads up, they sound killer man!!!! A few times the sound seemed a bit buried. I agree on the vocals also..bring them up just a hair. Sounds like a fun story.... :D A raft...of dirt..... :eek: :D

Tones are cool man.....really kick ass for the tune.

Excellent man..that was another fun SnakeDog experience.... :D

HEY! I remember that drum track. It's weird to hear it in another tune. Pretty crazy tune, man. Cool, funky bass groove you got going on there, Snake. I agree with turning up the guitars a bit and maybe scooping some low mids out of the bass. Great vocals and always very entertaining as usual.

LOL,,, Man I really dig those lyrics, really a vocals frenzy tune.
This one of your coolest tunes so far man, I really dig it.

Cool bass around 2 minutes.

Sounds like jolly good pirate fun.

arrrg :D

Hey thanks a lot mates, AARGGH I'll definitely get a remix going with all your tips and post it later this week. I just got a new surround system so I'm trying to get the hang of mixing on it.

Nakatira of Naktavia - thanks mate, good to hear from you! I must credit the lyrics/vox to the rum, everything was written and recorded in two really fun nights :D

Timothy Sparrow - thanks, agree with both points mate, will work on that :)

Captain Dogman - hehe, never thought I'd end up mixing guitars too low :eek: I'll be sure to fix that! Glad you enjoyed it, now TO THE PLANK! or...

L-Planks and Ray-Captain - Glad you guys enjoyed the island fun, don't worry I won't stop being insane, that's too much fun :D Ray, I'll have to check that song out, haven't heard it yet ;)

The RAMbosaur, much feared sea creature who uses 8 octopus arms to play drums like that - yeah that was a blast playing around with that track. How do they sound to you? I just used them as is, no EQ or verb.

Captain Big Sea Bubble - Hey man, I ended up cutting those vox at the end, thought I might be able to get away with making my own wave sound effects rather than downloading a sample :D

Thanks again crew, I appreciate the kind words and feedback, I'll get back to the deck, hehe, the mixing deck :D :D :) AAAAARRGGGHHHH!!

Last edited:
No, no, buddy you have this pirate thing all wrong.

Big pirates don't go to deck!!!! They have kidnapped girls thrown at their feet who beg them for mercy while all the other pirates oogle like dorks. :P.

We need more girls around. :) Dogman.... can you invite your friends who pose for your avatars?

bigbubba said:
No, no, buddy you have this pirate thing all wrong.

Big pirates don't go to deck!!!! They have kidnapped girls thrown at their feet who beg them for mercy while all the other pirates oogle like dorks. :P.

We need more girls around. :) Dogman.... can you invite your friends who pose for your avatars?
No, sorry. I can't do that. I will probably have to change my avatar soon....seems faderdouche don't like boobies, and well, he called me stupid. :(

Well I'd gladly be called stupid if they can come onboard :D :D

Look how Bubba tries to act tough with his post, then right after he avoids having post 666 up like the plague! :eek: :p :)

SnakeDog5050 said:
The RAMbosaur, much feared sea creature who uses 8 octopus arms to play drums like that - yeah that was a blast playing around with that track. How do they sound to you? I just used them as is, no EQ or verb.
Sounds fine to me. Though, considering it's an older drum track, I think I was compressing my snare too much back then. I'm older and more mature now.....Well...Older anyway.:p:p:p

AAAAARRGGGHHHH

I can't AAAARGGGGue with that!!!!

SnakeDog5050 said:
Well I'd gladly be called stupid if they can come onboard :D :D

Look how Bubba tries to act tough with his post, then right after he avoids having post 666 up like the plague! :eek: :p :)
Seriously, many people avoid the number. Even people who don't really believe in it. :)

Back