Apple today announced it has acquired Emagic

I voiced my concerns before about Emagic buying Samplitude. I think it's not only Logic PC users that are going to be screwed.

Peter.

So I guess this means no Samplitide 6.5 for PC users. Pity... I was really impressed with the 6.0 demo and was considering purchasing it. Looks like I'll be buying CEP instead.

That's a move I didn't expect at all. I hope Apple simplifies the product. I also hope it won't get nasy as the Gibson-Opcode thing.

Well I will be the first to say that I am FUCKING PISSED THE FUCK OFF!!!!

I just called the twirps at Emagic in Germany and told them that I had just bought the update from 4.8.1 to 5.0 and I would have NEVER done that if they had told me that I would be buying something that would be dead weight in a few months. Is there really NOTHING PC user's can do? I was just thinking about getting a whole new studio set up with a Carillon PC as my main focus. But now I have a piece of software that is un-updatable, which means, cannot grow, which in this day and age means... stagnant SHIT!
I do not even have a clue which company I should choose to change to. I have been so hell bent on Logic for the past two years that now I am stuck with my dick in the wind.

The twirps that have been hating Bill Gates and the whole MS empire for being monopolistic blah blah blah.... what is this all about? They already have Digital Performer from MOTU on a Mac only platform, and now they gobble up Logic.

35% of Logic's revenue was based on PC users. They basically just severed that 35%. Perhaps 2% of that 25% will actually go out and buy a Mac now. I personally would rather piss on a cow fense than buy one of those slick dick cock boxes.

Oh yeah, I am upset!

This really is the biggest piece of bulls*** ever.

I would urge anyone interested in the Samplitude end of things to congregate at the SEK'D section at www.AudioForums.com.

We may have some more info there, as many of us come from the official and extremely busy sek'd newsgroup. Not many know about the Audio Forums site, but I'm trying to inform as many as I can to spread the word.

This sucks.

Ken Rutkowski
www.OuterLimitRecordingStudio.com

I believe Apple tried to buy out Avid some time ago. That obviously didn't go through, so Apple bought a couple smaller video software companies (who after their acquisition announced their Windows support would end soon) and now Emagic. Apple is really pushing to make themselves a one-stop media production company, but in the process they're pissing off loads of people. The people at Avid and Adobe probably aren't too happy either.

Switch to Pro Tools.
Not only is Digidesign's support for PCs better than ever (they just released an update of Pro Tools LE for WinXP BEFORE the Mac version, with more tracks and features), but if you write to Apple and tell them you switched to Pro Tools, it will definitely chap their hide.

I guess this means the calls for a Logic forum are dead?...

...unbelievable. I guess that's why the Audiowerk sound cards got so cheap so quick. I am SSOOOOO glad I didn't go the Logic route.

CrimsonWarlock said:

"I voiced my concerns before about Emagic buying Samplitude. I think it's not only Logic PC users that are going to be screwed."

Then Stipmo said:

"So I guess this means no Samplitide 6.5 for PC users. Pity... I was really impressed with the 6.0 demo and was considering purchasing it. Looks like I'll be buying CEP instead."

I think Samplitude is owned by Magix, not Emagic. I have no knowledge that Magix and Emagic are related, or that Magix is in any way involved in the Apple-Emagic merger; if anyone has any contrary information, please post it, as I won't waste the money upgrading my old version of Samplitude if it has no future.

I believe yor are correct. Magix does do Samplitude now. And I believe they are seperate entities, and Magix only licensed portions of Logic, for it's own Music Studio. However, there is something more going on their, because these LATEST GREATEST VST instruments that Emagic was toting in their Logic 5 package have been out (under different name), in Magix Music Studio. The user interfaces are even identical, just a different color. And yes, I too am pissed off. I feel betrayed. Emagic, can screw off. And whichever, after tinkering in Cubase SX for 2 weeks now, I'll just say good riddens to trash. I don't think Steinberg would ever HOSE the PC community, the way SleazEmagic is. I hope they enjoy a long unhappy career with CRApple.

OH MY GOD

I don't Fucking Believe It.

I spent an Absolute fortune building a PC DAW last year (Which i've hardly used because i've been working away) -- and now...

THIS!

I don't beleive it.

I'm speechless. how could emagic do this to us PC users. They come into the PC domain, basically win almost 50% of the market (As far as I'm concerned) -- AND THEN THEY LEAVE!

THE MUTHERFUCKINGBASTARDS *sorry, i'm Very emotional...*

What now? I feel lost.

How could they do this do the PC community? WHat am I supposed to do, just say "It's okay, I'll take my £1500 Rackmounted PC and use it to hold up the G4 a little higher?

*Shock*

R

originally posted by cordura21Hey Charger, did Digi make a Firewire version of the 001? Do you think they will? That'll be so cool for remote recording.
I think this will happen with the "002".

Fed said:
I use samplitude so I went to audioforums.com as Kendog sugested. There is quote from one of the main developers of Samplitude that makes you feel better. THough I'm not sure of it's validity.

http://www.audioforums.com/forums/Forum12/HTML/000364.html
As far as I know the message is valid as it's stated by the main Samplitude developer (Volker).

I was holding back from purchasing Samplitude after the deal with Emagic, but now everything seems to revert back to Magix. So eventually, for Samplitude, this might be for the better. As soon as they release Samp 6.5 I'm going to buy it.

Peter.

Back