applause by ovation

If the Applause would have come with a piece of rubber maybe it would have made a difference, but it did not come with that luxurious appointment. I remember it would slide down my thigh away from me as I would try to play. I replaced it with a Korean (I think Korean) Fender LaBrea in 1993 that was a much better sounding and playing guitar. I had that one until my Taylor purchase.
oh .... I thought you said it was an Ovation. I don't really consider an Applause an Ovation. They're called 'Applause BY Ovation" and they suck. But all ovations ( I think) came with that bit 'o' rubber and it makes all the difference when sitting down.

Ovations aren't very good sounding guitars for recording but they do the live thing pretty well. They're pretty thin sounding but live, the lack of any bottom end kinda helps keep feedback from being much of a problem.
Not that I would ever be playing an acoustic live anyway but I have a few friends that do and a couple use Ovations and they sound really nice thru a PA.

I liked Ovations because the ones I had had fast easy almost electric like necks.We would play four hours and do leads on acoustic,so they were very easy on the hands.

Back