Anyone want me to convert their studio sketches to 3D?

ChuckU said:
Michael,
Got the 3D. Nice job. I'll get back to you.

Cajonezz,
PM me so I can look at the dxf.

Jblaven,
I'm sorry I took over the thread. Looks like you know what you are doing.

No problem,

The topic is still the same.... You make me want to put more detail into my drawings... :-)

Do you have 3D instruments that you could share with me? .... The only think I have is the Piano... and only because it is something that is sometimes found in people's houses.

Joe

John Sayers said:
Joe - I'd do it like this with the side walls in the same treatment as the wall units I described at my site.

cheers
JOhn

Thanks John,

I have been reading your site. Lots of great info. I came up with a price to renovate one of the larger rooms in dad's house for the studio....

He said it is worth more to him to spend more and build a separate building to do the recordings. Nothing grand, but something large enough for what he needs. ...about 16'X20' for the exterior size.

I was shocked in a good way. I will post pics of the design soon.

Thanks,

Joe

jblaven said:
Thanks John,

I have been reading your site. Lots of great info. I came up with a price to renovate one of the larger rooms in dad's house for the studio....

He said it is worth more to him to spend more and build a separate building to do the recordings. Nothing grand, but something large enough for what he needs. ...about 16'X20' for the exterior size.

I was shocked in a good way. I will post pics of the design soon.

Thanks,

Joe

This design separates the studio from the control room and uses only one exterior door.
Here is my humble attempt at a rendering....

Attachments

• bbl studio rendering.jpg
    bbl studio rendering.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 66
jblaven said:
This design separates the studio from the control room and uses only one exterior door.
Here is the rendering....

Here is the floorplan...

Attachments

• bbl recording studio floorplan.jpg
    bbl recording studio floorplan.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 60
Yeah - that's cool - but I'd go with your father's idea of a bigger separate studio. The current one would be very claustrophobic ;)

cheers
john

Back