Anyone play ukulele?

Post up your uke videos. They are cool. :cool:

This isn't mine, but it's a hell of a lot cooler....

I'm super biased but along with a harmonica the uke is probably one of the best bang for the buck instruments you can lay your hands on. A high quality uke is well within the financial reach of most players. :guitar:

I have a soft spot for ukes. Here I am playing my own arrangement of Haydn's St Anthony Chorale on my green Mahalo U30. I'm not classically trained, so it's probably not that accurate!

And now for something completely different - my "Uneasy Listening" version of "Do You Know the Way to San Jose" on Stylophone, ukulele, electric upright bass, kazoos, penny-whistle and chromatic harmonica!

Do you remember the 2 day uke build thread? I still have it and it plays just fine.

https://homerecording.com/bbs/equipment-forums/guitars-basses/super-quick-uke-build-thread-292838/

I follow your build threads.
I don't comment cos I've nothing to contribute other than "nice one!", but man....Saw that Uke one earlier today out of pure coincidence.
It was in the 'similar threads' bit below my DIY amp thread.

Very cool to see your work man. Thanks for sharing.

And now for something completely different - my "Uneasy Listening" version of "Do You Know the Way to San Jose" on Stylophone, ukulele, electric upright bass, kazoos, penny-whistle and chromatic harmonica!

I absolutely love this, ukulele, harmonica and Burt Bacharach.

My 14-year-old elder son and I have three ukuleles between us as well as WAY too many guitars...

Thomas's:
instruments_t.jpg

Mine:
instruments.jpg

And yes, we really do own two identical mandolins! Thomas bought one recently with some saved-up pocket money. It arrived damaged (the neck wasn't properly attached), and the supplier told us not to bother sending it back, so I repaired it and it became mine when the replacement arrived.

My 14-year-old elder son and I have three ukuleles between us as well as WAY too many guitars...

And yes, we really do own two identical mandolins! Thomas bought one recently with some saved-up pocket money. It arrived damaged (the neck wasn't properly attached), and the supplier told us not to bother sending it back, so I repaired it and it became mine when the replacement arrived.

Simon, with those fingers of yours, you playing the Uke is a miracle. I don't mean to sound mean, but you have some big hands for such a small instrument.

I have two teens who play instruments in band and orchestra, but they won't have anything to do with dad's guitars.:(
I've never pushed my kids towards music. One day about two years ago, Thomas (12 at the time) pointed at my electric upright bass and, out of the blue, said "Can you show me how to play that? Show me how it works". I taught him a few simple bass lines, and from there he progressed to bass guitar and finally 6-string. Two years on he's become a talented folk and blues guitarist, with an growing interest in many other styles. He's also teaching himself to play boogie-woogie piano "just like Dad"!

...and I've been reported once again as a spammer!
first time because of my signature (which I removed by purpose because I don't want to look like that), now because of my videos :D

LOL

Guys I though of bringing something into conversation. I posted them because I saw some other users doing it.

Back