Anyone own or have played one of these?

I don't know about that particular model but I own several Ibanez electrics and can't complain about the sound or quality of any of them.

c,mon a classical, electric, cutaway guitar. What kind of classical guitar can you get for 300 hundred dollars? Lets be honest.

Yamaha and Takamine both have comparable guitars in that price range that are better.

I don't know if the Yamahas are better but the Classical Takamine's start at around $450.00 which is still more than the $289.98 he's gonna spend.

I think I'd save up the extra $130.00 and get the Takamine Slim, it is a better guitar.

I have a Yamaha APX10-NA, which is their top of the line equivalent to what where talking about. Solid Rosewood back and sides, solid cedar top. Pretty good dual pickup system. The fretwork could be better though. I've also played some of the cheaper versions, and they're still very good. Couldn't say wether it's better than the Ibanez or Takamine though, having never played them.

Aaron
http://www.voodoovibe.com

eyeslikefire said:
I don't know if the Yamahas are better but the Classical Takamine's start at around $450.00 which is still more than the $289.98 he's gonna spend.

I think I'd save up the extra $130.00 and get the Takamine Slim, it is a better guitar.

Yes, it looks like the Takamines I was thinking of start at about $420 (the EG522C). Just don't get the $150 "Jasmine" model.

The Yamahas I was thinking of seem to be about $460, but I did just see this: http://www.music123.com/Item/?itemno=101959 Yamaha CGX111SCA New B Stock, whatever that means, for $400.

I know, I know, $300 is $100 less than that...

So far I havent read a bad review on the Ibanez, everyone seems very happy with it...
Its not that I couldn't afford a more expensive one, actually I could buy 6 or 7 if I wanted to, but I didn't wanna spend that much if I wasn't going to get the use out of it... Its not like I'm a classical guitarist, I'm just a metalhead...:)
I did like the smaller neck and action of the Ibanez, I'm not really into acoustics...

Not sure what I want now... I know I like the classical sound though....

Thanks for the replies and suggestions guys....:confused: :)

actually I could buy 6 or 7 if I wanted to,

Well the quit your whining and buy the Takamine damn it! ;) :D :D :D :D

Actually I don't know if a thin neck with nylon strings is a good idea?...:confused:

Anyone played one???

I have a Tak and am very happy with it. I use it for recording sometimes, I love the dead sound of a classical.

I also have a used $75 Canadian classical which I like too. I found it in a small shop. I has nicks all over it, but sounds geat (good for campouts).

So if you are looking for something to beat around, go to some used shops and see what they have. If you are intending to record some with it, you may want to look at a better quality one.

I do also think a wider neck is better for a classical. Finger picking is the name of the game, and more string seperation is adventagous.

I am a metal player as well, born and bread on it. But I like the classical to work things out on. It also does expands recording possibilities. Believe it or not, a classical can be used in some very heavy songs.

Kelly5150 said:
I'll probably do a little more research, not sure yet what I want....

:) :confused:

Go play them!

The Yamaha I mentioned has the narrower neck I believe. Going from narrower to wider or wider to narrower just takes a little getting used to, and then going back and forth is no problem, so I wouldn't let that one factor drive the decision...

Back