Anyone heard of these new mics?

Hmmm......

The mics went directly into the onboard pre-amps of a Motu 828 mkII. First you’ll hear the amp recorded with a popular dynamic microphone followed by the bigger sound of the dual HM-1s

HOLY CRAP!!! You mean that TWO condenser mics in stereo produces a bigger sound than a single SM57? Wow! I'm blown away!

Ok, kidding aside, it sounds ok, but not exactly awe-inspiring. It could have its uses...

Matt, just happened to notice your sig:

Matt Pollock
Owner/Operator
Doublewide Studios
www.doublewidemusic.com

A few years ago, we did an album for Pimpadelic and they called our studio "doublewide sound", so we registered the domain name for that:
www.doublewidesound.com, but it just redirects people to ITRstudio.com. The domain name is about to come up for renewal, but I'll just let it lapse if you wanna grab the name "doublewidesound.com".

Thanks. I'm going to do that.

I should add "Sole Client" to my signature, since Doublewide Studios is what I call my basement, although I did just book my actual first paying gig. I registered the domain name about 6 months ago thinking I would use it for all my solo stuff, but haven't gotten around to making the site yet. I call my record label Trailer Trash Records, after a song I worte about 10 years ago.

Back