Anyone have a favorite solid state multi-track recorder?

yert33

Looking for an 8 track SD recorder. Don't need any editing or mixing capabilities, or any builtin mics - just be able to record 8 (or 6) simultaneous tracks to an SD card in WAV format. I'll be connecting my console outputs (line level) to the inputs.

I'm looking at a Tascam DR-680. It's the cheapest thing I can find that meets my requirements.

Any one use this thing yet? Anyone use mutliple 2-track SD recorders and sync em up?

Thanks in advance!
Trey

Odd.
I get the feeling that you had already found this one before you started the thread.
Nevertheless. It looks to be an ideal field recorder for video, documentaries etc. I've seen it before.
B&H has them for $849 which is not cheap but not too pricey either.
Tascam has been dabbling in recording for a couple of years now so I think you'll find that a few folks around here have already heard of them too. ;)

Well - my favourite 8-track would have to be the Sound Devices 788T with SSD drive :D

Good point.

Any portastudio that you like and uses an IDE hard drive can be converted to SD/CF media by purchasing a $20 or less adapter. So if you already have something, you can make it solid state cheaply.

Back