Anyone got retro and/or rare guitar picks you'd like to sell to me?

kidkage

Bored of Canada
I've become totally obsessed with pick history lately and now I'm on a journey of documenting them via a series of overview videos on YouTube.

I've got a yellow 'CSN&Y 2002' pick. On the back it says 'DUCK DON"T PLUCK'. Given to me by a tech who worked with them. Is it worth anything? Probably not. Is there a 'Pick Roadshow' I can go to? ;)

IMG_2645.JPGI've got a few FELT bass picks from the '50's. A few almost new and some lifeless. Used to be popular when the electric bass was being recorded as it gave it a more muted, upright kind of sound. i think they'e still made today. Also they are much larger and thicker than a normal pick.

I have an authentically used Johnny Ramone guitar pick thrown directly to me in 1990 and signed the next year on a different tour. You cannot have it..

I've got a yellow 'CSN&Y 2002' pick. On the back it says 'DUCK DON"T PLUCK'. Given to me by a tech who worked with them. Is it worth anything? Probably not. Is there a 'Pick Roadshow' I can go to? ;)

I have an authentically used Johnny Ramone guitar pick thrown directly to me in 1990 and signed the next year on a different tour. You cannot have it..

Woah. The only used picks I have have been used by me :(
What did Johnny Ramone use?

View attachment 92791I've got a few FELT bass picks from the '50's. A few almost new and some lifeless. Used to be popular when the electric bass was being recorded as it gave it a more muted, upright kind of sound. i think they'e still made today. Also they are much larger and thicker than a normal pick.
Cool! I've never used/owned a felt pick (or anything from the 50s...unless my grandparents count). If you're interested in selling or trading 1 or 2 let me know!

I have a red one around here somewhere. Would that be of interest?
Is it a Herdim Medium? I already have 3 of those from the olden times ;)

Woah. The only used picks I have have been used by me :(
What did Johnny Ramone use?
This one is not mine, but it looks just like this.
31O2b6Y6SNL._SY355_.jpg

I've also got some BB King picks that he threw out to the crowd last year, but since he only plays four notes per show, they're probably not worth much.

I have one made from a Platinum Amex .... but only because I have a plectrum stamper and because I work for a bank and get a free Platinum Amex... :D

As a pick, it sucks... but I'm sure when the history of the plectrum is written, it will be in there somewhere...

---------- Update ----------

I have this one. Not sure how it came to be in my possession.

View attachment 92808

How big are your damn hands, man?

Havoc picks.jpg

found this one. Very cool band. Awesome bass player.

ok ok... not vintage at all... these are ours. :D

picks... eh, 1mm dunlop nylons. I really don't give a fuck about picks.

I have a Dava Delrin around here somewhere my brother gave me. Not really old, but I think THEY wanted it to be the next evolution in picks. I found it semi-useless.

Back