Anyone else recording with the Lenovo Yoga C940 - Focusrite I/O ? Having good results ?

Intotheblue

Hi am new to the Forum, I recently bought a Lenovo Yoga C940 7th Gen Win 10 as an upgrade to my old recording laptop. I use a Focusrite 4pre Clarett Thunderbolt & I also use a Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 3rd Gen depending on the type of recording. Had trouble from the start trying to get the Lenovo C940 to recognize the Clarett Thuderbolt. I persisted though and with a lot of driver and bios updating and perhaps by pure luck using the old Focusrite Beta Drivers and Control for windows I was able to get things up and running. (I can offer advice for anyone trying to do the same. ) The only trouble is I am getting Click's and pops in my recordings. Recording Dry. Even with high Buffer rates or enabling low latency (Studio One Pro) I cant get rid of the noise. This occurs with the Focusrite thunderbolt interface and also with the Scarlett (using the focusrite driver and control for the Scarlett range) I've gone back to recording with my older computer system due to this issue. Just wondering if anyone else has had the same trouble with Lenovo Laptops ? Focusrite customer service has been very good in trying to help but they are just as baffled as me. All the best..

Back