anybody use ntrack?

Toker41 said:
Yup, the horns and piano were done live. I try to avoid synths when I can. Not because I am against them, but because I like to get the experience of recording as many different kinds of instruments as I can.
I'm thinking about bagpipes next... :D

Man you can really tell!
can you send a link to the MP3 of the others, I'd like to hear more.
Cheers
K

I think a lot of people are talking about "4.0" before the most recent update "4.0.4".

As far as being able to d/l an older version, I have not a clue...

bsr2002 said:
I just bought 4.0, Where can I get 3.3?

4.0.4 is a lot less buggy than 4.0. It runs nice. 4.0 had some bugs, but I've been running 4.0.4 for 3 weeks now, and have not had any problems.
As far as 3.3 goes, try e-mailing Flavio. He answers e-mail support himself. I think I have it, but your registration codes for 4.0 won't work with 3.3.

I emailed him and told him I was a registered 4.0 user and wanted to try 3.3 'cause 4.0 was too buggy.Flavio emailed codes to me w/in 24 hrs.
Flavio really rocks.

Toker41 said:
4.0.4 is a lot less buggy than 4.0. It runs nice. 4.0 had some bugs, but I've been running 4.0.4 for 3 weeks now, and have not had any problems
Is it as bug-free as 3.3?

Beezel, did you try 4.0.4. before going to 3.3? If so, how do they compare?

I got a $200 bet going with the wife! :D :cool:

ntrack great for acoustic!

I've always used ntrack since flirting with some other studios ( cakewalk, cubebass ) and found that for my sort of recording - almost all acoustic - it's damn near perfect. I love the fact that I don't have to spend time messing around with the studio settings, I can just bang one track down after another, and have often recorded a complete song with eight or nine tracks on it within an hour, including mixing. Hate studios which get in the way! It's the music which counts!

i'm thinking of trying out ntrack to replace my sonar 3 setup right now. I'm lovin how ntrack supports ASIO and rewire with reason , that is killer. i have a couple of Q's about it though.

1. how the automation, non-destructive editing work? is it similar to sonar where you draw in an envelope that controls the peramter you desire? i likeit this way.

2. Is there a "mixer" view in ntrack? somethign with faders and pan knobs to make adjustments in the mixing process. If so, can a controller be used to control such faders?

3. How proactive is the developer of ntrack? do new revisions come out often? i hate how long it takes cakewalk to come out with something new for us, and how they charge us craizily for a few new features.

minofifa:

1) The envelope editting is similar to what you describe.

2) There is definately a mixer view, where effects can be added, you can pan, whatever you want.

3) Flavio (the one and only developer) updates the software with bug fixes about once a week usually. Check the site and you'll see an update log.

If anyone is interested here is a song I recorded on N-track:

Check out "Hopes Fading", done on N-track at:

http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=2878&alid=-1

Any comments on it are welcome.

I have to say that N-track is the best value, and most user friendly of all the recording software.[/QUOTE]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This is something I'm very interested to hear, since I'm considering getting n-Track to replace the MultitrackStudio 'pro-plus' that I'm using presently. Not that there is so much wrong with MtS, but it's getting a bit elderly, i.e. lacking in features, and I have to be very careful while using two sound cards because the wrong 'switch' settings bring on destructive feedback and impending crashes.

Hey,Toker, the music from the link (Hope's Fading) sounds great to me, 'though I'm not an expert in the genre you play in (or any other, mostly,) (-; to me it sounds really 'clean,' 'clear,' and non-harsh. I think this can be challenging when trying to capture the "zing" in a steel-string acoustic. Was this a good condenser mic or what?

!! A little noise added and you could convince me it was analog. Analog fans, I'm just kidding !!

Your recording technique comes through as subtle and (as seems appropriate for the song,) very gently produced. If I wasn't listening for it, I wouldn't notice the compression + EQ + reverb combination, and I consider this a good thing, esp. for a straight-up acoustic ballad.

If I know anything about the genre this will sound "too good" as it lacks the harshness/loudness factor that seems popular in rock.

Back