Anybody Feeling Generous?

Jude2010

[NEW LINK] Anybody Feeling Generous?

Okay first off i just recorded a cover

and you probably know whats next ;)

i am hopeless at this mixing and mastering and useless at using the right effects at this point

its a cover of Let Me Hold You - Mario ( first ever cover if completed )
it hasnt been edited in any way shape or form

i recorded it with sonar and i'll be able to upload the audio files and Cakewalk Sonar Project file as .rar for anyone willing to help out

this is the link to the raw track so if anyone is thinking about helping but isn't sure if its worth it

SoundClick artist: YJentertainment - page with MP3 music downloads

i'm not begging anyone to do this
i'm just asking if anyone has some free time in their hands and would be willing to help out

Last edited:
No I don't, but I used it for about two years before I switched to REAPER. I should be able to mix the stems, though.

Just a disclaimer: I've never mixed that genre before (I couldn't find "let me hold you" by mario, but I did find "let me love you" ... I'm assuming it's the same song.)

Anyway, Feel free to hold out for anyone else who has more experience with this style of music. :)

I get a "Oops, looks like we can't find that page! Repost the link to the song and I'll give it a listen. I won't commit to mixing until I hear the (raw) song.

I get a "Oops, looks like we can't find that page! Repost the link to the song and I'll give it a listen. I won't commit to mixing until I hear the (raw) song.

i'm working on it

i'll repost a link in a few mins

hmmm i think i need to re record some parts especially towards the end ( got abit lazy)

so you have cakewalk sonar?

or is reaper able to read the project file?

No I don't, but I used it for about two years before I switched to REAPER. I should be able to mix the stems, though.

Just a disclaimer: I've never mixed that genre before (I couldn't find "let me hold you" by mario, but I did find "let me love you" ... I'm assuming it's the same song.)

Anyway, Feel free to hold out for anyone else who has more experience with this style of music. :)

sorry my fault it is let Me Love You not hold you , different song

alright no problem i'm sure you can do amazing with a reference to go to

can reaper read the sonar project files file

You will probably need to upload the individual WAV or MP3 tracks if the mixing engineer has a different DAW.

I would give it a try myself, but my room is nowhere near ready for precise monitoring yet.

Yeah if I could get the stems, that would be great (each track rendered at full-length starting at 00:00:00.)

REAPER can't read the Sonar project files, unfortunately. Though, I might be able to convert it with a program called AATranslator. Just save a copy of your project in OMF format and we'll try it out. :cool:

I listened to the demo, I think I can match it up pretty well with the original. Should be a fun project!

brilliant
right now i'm touching up some bits and bobs

when its done i will save them like you said
that way you dont need to be finding where to start each track
And i'll compress to a ZIP or RAR format

yeah i'm planning to hopefully have it done by Christmas with your help of course

I got the files and gave them a listen. First thing is the vocal performances are out of time, all over the place in pitch and seem to lack character. They are also loaded with pops & clicks; sound like results of edits? The other thing is the instrument tract is mono which is not a big deal but, it would have been better to either be a stereo track or separate right & left channels.

I would suggest actually re-tracking some of this before mixing the song. In the end, it would be more beneficial to producing a better mix.

Back