Any software guitars simulate solid state amplifiers?

LazerBeakShiek

Rad Racing Team
My first amplifier was a Fender M-80 solid state. Are there any amp simulators that emulate a solid state power section? or hybrid solid state?

No line6 models I can see
No Brainworx..hmm

Keeping it in the Fender family.. AmpliTube's Fender Collection has the MH-500 Metalhead

Fender MH.jpg

Here's a fair A/B comparison - Hardware vs. Software

I hear a noticeable difference with amp a little cleaner, but may be able to come closer with some tweaking. IK has an AI Modelling product coming out that will let you copy the exact sound of your favorite rig and use it in AmpliTube. Won't be able to tell the difference between real and sim.

Last edited:
I got the Amplitube 5 Max bundle with the interface on special. Lots of solid state amps to pick from. I am still going through the collection and the depth of tweeking you can do. Summer is outdoor season for my wife and I, but fall is just around the corner and I am looking forward to digging in deeper. Also looking to explore the re-amping feature of the interface.

My first amplifier was a Fender M-80 solid state. Are there any amp simulators that emulate a solid state power section? or hybrid solid state?

No line6 models I can see
No Brainworx..hmm

What DAW do you use?
Not that I could suggest a signal chain for you, but you never know.

Reaper.

Sure you could but, you wont. Cause its your super secret chain. If you tell someone else about it , it loses all its tone. AHHhhhhh!

Well I use Reason and I don't think the twain shall ever meet.
Some years ago Reason partnered with Line 6.
Many of the hard heads trolled Line 6 as if it was the devil but I got good tones from it.
Then suddenly Line 6 and Reason parted company.
I have a plug-in called Positive Grid that I like a lot.

Many of the hard heads trolled Line 6 as if it was the devil but I got good tones from it.
No way. Line 6 is awesome. There is so much value there. Nothing replaces the actual equipment for playing live. However, in the box, this Line6 is the goods.

Modeling is not the same..i dont think. A SS amp has a very fast attack, that is perfect for drop D tuning.

Must be like EV's and Electric Bicycles. They shit talk em cause they are awesome...if that makes any sense..

Last edited:
Back