Any opinions on this mix?(Pop, pure MIDI)...

Is it your voice? That "funny games" song is really cool, I miss the drums on "someone like you" , they could come in somewhere there... some trance loop, be kinda like Tatoo :eek: but what did u use for the piano sound,?very strong

Hi, thanks for listening. Glad you liked Funny Games. The piano is a slightly untuned reverbed sample from Yamaha's grand piano. And it's not me singing, that's Jody(she was drunk)
I want to put drums on Someone Like You but I can't work out what or where - I'm not very good with beats - glad you mentioned it coz it is missing.

Someone like you -- At 1:00 start a slow techno beat, doesn't matter what, then gradually add some over-loops of cymbals and clicks and such, then at 1:35 start a serious tornado of industrial madness... which of course almost ends as quickly as it begins, and then no more drums for the remainder (so it ends the same as it starts).

I like this a lot, has a certain creepy quality about it. :)

Funny games -- another decent song but the midi does get tiring. I'd prefer the actual sound of an electric guitar versus that bending synth. Creative none the less. Glad I was open minded enough to click despite your disclaimer (I'm more into heavy stuff). ;)

that's some v.helpful advice thanks. I'm going to give that a try and post it back up next week(yes it takes me that long).
As for Funny Games - thanks for listening(soz bout the disclaimer I suppose it doesn't really matter what you're into) and yes - the midi annoys me too as I can imagine what I could do with proper band..
- really appreciate your comments!

Back