Any MPC Users

Trumpspade

I'M BLESSED.......
I am wrestling with the thought of getting a MPC200xl but I know nothing about the thing other than what it does. How many MPC users are in the house? DO you have any regrets? I don't want to invest in such an Ex$pen$ive product if it is overated. What is the pros, if any, of owning one? I listen to many of your opinions so honesty will help me lean one way or the other. I currently use Reason 2.5 for my beats. I have fruity 4 but I never really learned it, just never had the time. Would a MPC work well with Reason?
I merge everything with Sonar 4 and My Zoom 16track recorder.

Holler!

Yo Trizz.

I've been asking around with those same questions since I'm on Reason 3 and thinking of adding a Fantom Rack (I decided against both Triton and Fantom) and a MPC 1000. I've been told that the MPC should work with Reason.

This came from smashngrab in my PM about the 1000 and Reason. I think this would apply to the MPC 2000xl as well. I'm hopin' smash don't get mad at me puttin the PM in here, but it should help.

smashngrab said:
i would recommend the 1000, to any one with pc its just to easy and the bang for buck factor is through the roof, as far as your beats, i dont think anyone is replying because when they here them they go back to the drawing board!! your shit is hot, i can tell we have some of the same influences, the major difference is your club tracks are better than mine, i dont really get into that vibe, but im workin on it. and yes, the mpc can sync with reason.

Trumpspade said:
I am wrestling with the thought of getting a MPC200xl but I know nothing about the thing other than what it does. How many MPC users are in the house? DO you have any regrets? I don't want to invest in such an Ex$pen$ive product if it is overated. What is the pros, if any, of owning one? I listen to many of your opinions so honesty will help me lean one way or the other. I currently use Reason 2.5 for my beats. I have fruity 4 but I never really learned it, just never had the time. Would a MPC work well with Reason?
I merge everything with Sonar 4 and My Zoom 16track recorder.

Holler!

Trumpspade.... check out this site (if you have not already) for some helpful info on the MPC 2000XL...Midi Case: Info on Akai MPC

Another great site is... MPC Tutor

Hope that it helps you...

Last edited:
wassup yall... i use the mpc1k, and have no regrets whatsoever... there are a couple of things like time-stretching (currently not available on the 1k) and lack of effects (only 2 effects) however these issues can be dismissed with the use of S/W programs (sound forge, reason, fl studio, cubase, etc...), if you have these options available to you... take stew's advice and peep that link, read the forums and get some additional info... i personally love my 1k, and even though i don't use it for every song i work on, i wouldn't give it up for the world... without a doubt, definitely a great investment... just my 2 cents, peace yall!

I have owned both the MPC 2000XL and the MPC 1k they are both good machines and have a great work flow. I dont like the fact that the 1k doesnt have the note shift timing correction like the other MPCs do. The 1k having 128MB of RAM is great cause I can load up 24 Programs at once and have the closest thing to quickly browsing samples like on the computer. The note capacity on the MPC 1k can be a problem if you start sequencing in linear mode, but if you usually just make loops then its all good. The 1k is great because it loads up samples faster than the 2000XL and 3000. I have no regrets about either machine.

yup that is nice...but I know the MPC 1k will be more in my budget and desk space. I think I can cop one slightly used around here for maybe $600. I also like that it's about the size of a laptop so if I wanted to I could take it with me if I wanted to work on some beat concepts (along with my laptop and Reason 3).

I'll be like Dre on the Coors commercial...makin' a beat while ridin' in the airplane (only people will be looking at me like what the hell is he doing).

Fieva said:
yup that is nice...but I know the MPC 1k will be more in my budget and desk space. I think I can cop one slightly used around here for maybe $600. I also like that it's about the size of a laptop so if I wanted to I could take it with me if I wanted to work on some beat concepts (along with my laptop and Reason 3).

I'll be like Dre on the Coors commercial...makin' a beat while ridin' in the airplane (only people will be looking at me like what the hell is he doing).
I travel alot and I have seen a person with their laptop and an oxygen 8 going to Cali. I thought that was cool...........

I've been hovering above this site forever but today I wanna make my first post.
I'm using a mpc2000xl with a mac PowerBook running Reason 5 as my synthesizer,
and it works like a charm. I really don't have much use for the mpc these days due
to reason being what it is now..but hey its sure a good lookn controller.

Back