Any good SYNTHESIZER software?

Schism

I'm looking for a software that can give me a lot of options for putting some synth in my songs, mainly just for weird ambience background sounds that just help make a song (think about music like Tool). I wanted to buy a synth but thought i'd check for software first

I'm looking for a software that can give me a lot of options for putting some synth in my songs, mainly just for weird ambience background sounds that just help make a song (think about music like Tool). I wanted to buy a synth but thought i'd check for software first

there are tonnes out there, literally tonnes

Id say best best would be kontakt....not that its a synth but rather it plays samples...the library is pretty extensive with version 4 but there are also loads of freebies out there, with magazines etc...it also plays instrument patches like Evolve which are purely for generating soundscapes and atmospheres..

I have an extensive library of pads and ambience just from DVDs with futuremusic and music tech magazines which have free kontakt patches every month

Have a look at the free kontakt player first and see if that can work for you...if not delve in and try demos

hope this is some help :)

Ill check it out, thank you! Are they pretty simple to figure out? Like "click and listen" or does it take some strong knowledge to it?

Not that Kontakt isn't great (I love it, love it love it), but if you're looking specifically for weird atmospheric background stuff... staying with Native Instruments (NI) here, I'd take a look at Absynth.

Heck, if you have the cash, just get yourself NI Komplete 6, you'll get Kontakt, Absynth, Reaktor, Guitar Rig, FM8, Massive... uhhh... what am I missing here? Oh, yeah, Pro52... anything else I am missing? Dunno, go to www.nativeinstruments.com and check their stuff out.

And if you can't get what you want out of these, I don't know what else to tell ya :D

Not that Kontakt isn't great (I love it, love it love it), but if you're looking specifically for weird atmospheric background stuff... staying with Native Instruments (NI) here, I'd take a look at Absynth.

Heck, if you have the cash, just get yourself NI Komplete 6, you'll get Kontakt, Absynth, Reaktor, Guitar Rig, FM8, Massive... uhhh... what am I missing here? Oh, yeah, Pro52... anything else I am missing? Dunno, go to www.nativeinstruments.com and check their stuff out.

And if you can't get what you want out of these, I don't know what else to tell ya :D

+1 for Massive

i have Komplete...Massive whacks out your CPU and is too...err massive, Ive never used it in a track..

Absynth is a good shout though

You guys are awesome, I can't wait to get home tonight to check those programs out. I'm assuming a simple google search will get me what I'm looking for?

+1 for absynth and massive, I use pro 53? i think its 53 and not 52 a lot. But that more for like dance and trance and hip hop. Korg legacy collection is also really good. and Z3+a (something like that)

hello...is there any good software out there that can create the sound of a classic analog synthesizer?

thanks in advanc...

Back