Any cakewalk user with controler surface?

moskus said:
But you and me know that James ain't got money like that... :) :D

Sssshh... :p I just try to keep more talent than gears, you know... :o

BTW, Leeking brother... that was beautifull... :) I'll keep my eyes on it. Thanks!!! Sorry to hear yours is dead :( Hope it's fixed soon :)

;)
Jaymz

I'm using Windows XP with Sonar 2.1. Hopefully it will arrive within a week or so. I have a session Monday night and it would be great to have it by then (fat chance). If anyone has documentation or a good link, that'd be great.

BTW, another one just hit Ebay today.

Behringer has a new "B-Control" line coming out. They're USB control surfaces. I think they'll be going for like $220 USD. I'm planning on getting the BCF-2000 with 8 faders. It'll do the job.

post above---

this is the same product already mentioned in this post isn't it? or did behringer make two new products? either way, ya that 8-slider is looking mighty appealing. Anybody tried that shuttle mouse with like 15 programmable buttons and scrollers? looks like it could be useful

ahh i see.
I think i would be better suited with the faders. looks like too many knobs for me. Not a fan of knobs, as little knobs as possible
:)

I'm with minofifa as far as faders and knobs go. The BCF-2000 doesn't have quite as much assignability as the BCR-2000 but in my case faders are easier to use. The faders are more expensive though. The BCR-2000 is only like $170 USD. They're both cool. If you have both thats pretty much all you need.

James, the knobs aren't motorized. They have LED's all around them. The lights move, the knobs don't. And the Tascam FW-1884 is cool too. It has 8 motorized faders but costs like 6 times as much as the BCF-2000 but at the same time it is a firewire interface that has 8 I/O. So, maybe it evens out. It all depends on what you need, and how much cash you got.

haha chuck
are you staring at it, then at the clock, than back at it again?? i think i would all of a sudden feel "sick" and need to take the rest of the day off.

Leeking said:
if you need the manual, let me know. :)
Well I got the manual with it and I also downloaded the pdf file (same thing).
Here I am just before midnight with a few questions though.Jog/shuttle wheels are great as are the transport controls. I can move the faders on the Studiomix which makes the faders in Sonar move, but I cant seem to be able to record automation. Also I thought there was a way to increment the faders so that 1-8 become 9-16.

Any ideas/settings on this?

ChuckU said:
I can move the faders on the Studiomix which makes the faders in Sonar move, but I cant seem to be able to record automation.
You have of course right-clicked a control (say Volume) and selected "Arm for Automation"?

moskus said:
You have of course right-clicked a control (say Volume) and selected "Arm for Automation"?
Yeah, Moskus. What I did not realize was that there is a utility exclusively for Studiomix in Sonar 2.2 under View/Studiomix that is pretty comprehensive. Bank switching is a breeze as is assignment of buttons. I have set the five buttons on the right of the Main fader to "Shift to the Right 1 Track" "Shift to the left 1 track" "Shift to the right 8 tracks" "Shift to the left 8 tracks" and "File/Open". With the Studiomix utility I can toggle thru and make each track's button be either Solo, Mute or Arm for recording. The track knobs are set to Pan and Aux Send but can also be modified.

The problem I was having with recording automation will go away I think when I enable the "Write Faders" option. There was a Studiomix Group on Yahoo where someone had similar problems with writing automation. Also someone has come out with a plugin to help modify the Studiomix for nearly any midi application. I don't think I need it but it's out there.

Back