Any cakewalk user with controler surface?

James Argo

Fancy Rock N' Roll
I'm sick of mouse clicking all over stage. Thinking of Tascam US-428. Any user? Comment? Said it's AD/DA can operate in 24bit, how about it's samplerate? Can it handle 48kHz?

How about US-224? Other brands? Comment? Thanks!!! :)

;)
Jaymz

I have a Roland VS=880 that I set up to use as a control suface,but I ended up using my mouse anyway.
If I were ever to go with a control suface it would have to have motorised faders.It's a drag having to reset the sliders and even worse to have them reflect the physical settings once you move them.I don't know how the pan pots work but it be cool if they werer motorised too.
Wishful thinking I guess. :rolleyes:
I'm pretty sure Roland has a combination audio-control surface,but I wonder if it's a good idea to put all your eggs in one basket.

I just got the FW-1884. Now that I've finally got it working...seems to be an awesome piece of machine. Well, at least in my little sphere of existence - I know it's bottom feeder to some of you. The sound is very good. Automated faders..upgradeable to as many as you'll ever need. Up to 24/96. You still have to do a bit of clicking though but not nearly as much. It's very large though - you need some desk space to spare.

I've had a Mackie Control for a few months.

One of the better studio purchases I've made!

*on edit - I'm using Producer as well.

Earl

Last edited:
I'm using the Mackie Control with the latest Sonar Producer version. It works wonderfully. Solid solid solid.

-lee-

Thanks guys :)

Wow... I didn't think I would get this many options. Hmmm...

Moskus, the B2 sounds great :) I'll keep my eyes on it. Steven, FW1884 is awesome :) But I'm thinking of $600 price range. Mackie Control catch my eyes. Hey, it's Mackie... how can it be wrong with Mackie anyway :D

Where is Tascam users? Keep going, guys :)

;)
Jaymz

acidrock said:
I have a Roland VS=880 that I set up to use as a control suface,but I ended up using my mouse anyway....

Why, you ungrateful SOB :D .... I try to use mine but it really lags. I don't know if it's latency or what, but the movements are delayed causing the envelopes to be behind.

Moskus, this is great news. That Behringer thingy will go for $259 suggested retail, which means Guitar Center will probably sell it for $229 or so.

I really wanted a Mackie Control for the longest time but always thought it was way overpriced.

minofifa said:
wow, if ever there was a definition of overkill, that would be it. I think i may have to pick up one of those berhingers though, they look pretty cool.

what so overkill about it if you

a) got money like that

b) are trying to go commercial

yes true true.
i suppose i meant more for myself. I'm what many would classically refer to as a gear whore. If i had cash i would get a bunch of stuff and never learn how to use it. You've prolly been at this for a while teacher so it would be justified for you to get one. For me, babysteps are necessary. I have tendencies to make quick purchasing decisions that i really should change

Teacher said:
what so overkill about it if you
a) got money like that
b) are trying to go commercial

But you and me know that James ain't got money like that... :) :D

Hi James,

Another great option for Sonar user is the Peavey Studiomix. It works seamlessly with Sonar and has motorised faders! The next best thing that can compete to it interms of price is the Behringer... but the behringer does not have transport control (I think)...

Look for one on ebay. That's where I got mine.... but mine was dead a few months ago and still waiting for the power supply replacement... :(

check it out....

here's what it looks like...
attachment.php

Last edited:
Back