antress modern plugins

surfmaster

not sure if anyone has posted this yet, but antress has come out with some pretty crazy vst's lately. a lot of vintage compressor/ limiter emulations. check it out, maybe some reviews/comparisons to actual outboard gear?

heres the link
antress

I've been using the VLME (LA2A-ish interface), the VSME (1176-ish interface) on a few things. First impression: very nice colored sound in a richness-distortion way, good metering... gain reduction especially. Good if you need a little level control and want the color too. They sound similar to some of the Reaper limiters like the Eventhorizon and Majortom. The Modern Analoger is very good also. Haven't tried the others yet. I've used the LA2A and 1176 hardware a bit and these aren't the same but still good in their own way.

Are the free versions limited in any way?

I'm downloading them now. If they are really free plugins with no strings attached, I really appreciate it. :)

pathdoc said:
Are the free versions limited in any way?

I'm downloading them now. If they are really free plugins with no strings attached, I really appreciate it. :)

no strings :) have fun. i like them a lot for my master channel and drum buss.

surfmaster said:
not sure if anyone has posted this yet, but antress has come out with some pretty crazy vst's lately. a lot of vintage compressor/ limiter emulations. check it out, maybe some reviews/comparisons to actual outboard gear?

heres the link
antress
Maybe I am just weird... but, what's crazy about vintage compressor/limiter emulations?

To me a crazy VST is something like NI's Spektral Delay, Antares Kantos, Melodyne (and no, Melodyne is FAR more than a glorified autotune that most people tend to use as... don't get me going with a rant again).

An emulation of a vintage compressor... eh... useful maybe (I love my UAD-1 1176LN for example), but it's still an emulation of a vintage compressor... nothing unique, nothing creative, nothing unusual... just a wannabe copy. So, don't see how the "crazy" applies to it.

CRAZY!?!! HELL YES we're crazy! We're giving these things away!!! How do we do it?!?!! Volume people, VOLUME!! Too much Volume you say?? Turn the FREAKIN KNOB FOLKS!!!! It's MAGIC!!! It's CRAZY!!! IT'S FREE!!!!!!!.......................................(somebody get me an aspirin,)

OK, everybody just be groovy, man. The plug-ins are really outta sight! Peace.

Massive Master said:
Those things are a joke -

YMMV

I thought at first they were the bee's knees because they LOOK so cool, but then I tested them out in comparison to the vanilla compressor, which has no pretty vintage gear skin to it, and they just didn't stack up. I think I liked one of the compressors, but they didn't behave quite as cool as they looked.

there's a funny video somewhere where dudes test it out in a studio, and they end up ripping on it pretty bad.

I guess I should note that how much can I really complain about them if they're free. So the next question is...why are they free, and what does it gain someone out there by making them available? And why is their website so odd?

I don't care what they look like and think the several I've tried do sound good for situations where you want a little distortion with your compression.

watz

i've tried downloading the antress vst's and all am getting is and error warning from the site.i 'll appreciate if anyone could send the them to me ,thanx am die to test dem out

Back