another one for Muttley or Light

This is such a long thread it is easy to miss some information. But I dont remember you pointing out that different regions may require different treatments.
VP
You would have if you had read and absorbed the information therein. A key skill required for learning by the way.

Of course you can point out your point of view,
It is not my point of view. It is proven and demonstrable fact. It is called material science and specifically dendrology.

My method is not deeply flawed, I have had no problems with my fretbboard, ever. I currently have 11 guitars with great shiny fretboards.
It is. It flys in the face of accepted knowledge and application of both musical instruments construction and maintanance and the wider subject of dendrology that have been established for hundreds if not thousands of years. I don't care how many guitars you have that is not a variable I would include in the control sample of any empirical evidence I cared to submit on the subject.
Everyone is entitled to post their view and then back off.
You did not. You have resurrected this thread twice despite being told by many people that your "opinions" are not of value.
You have started this battle of wits. Of course you must have a lot of credibility, as do I. You just cant let this go.
No you started this "battle of wits" here and in other threads by calling people who have vastly more knowledge and experience than you variously, pompous, Closed-minded self appointed know-it-all!, Obnoxious bigmouth!, hot air, guitar nazi, you two arrogant know-it-alls, do you want me to go on?

You have no credibility in my book judging solely on the content of your posts, leaving aside the insults. If you did you would have substantiated the claims you make rather than deflect them by insulting those that challenge them.

I can let it go any time but until you back up the statements you have made and accept the falsehoods in them I choose to challenge them. You dug this hole and now you must climb out of it. I close by suggesting you follow your own advice before you are pwnd further.

Some people have a lot of nerve and cant mind their own business. They should express their opinion and shut up.

I am not waisting any more time with you!

You would have if you had read and absorbed the information therein. A key skill required for learning by the way.

It is not my point of view. It is proven and demonstrable fact. It is called material science and specifically dendrology.

It is. It flys in the face of accepted knowledge and application of both musical instruments construction and maintanance and the wider subject of dendrology that have been established for hundreds if not thousands of years. I don't care how many guitars you have that is not a variable I would include in the control sample of any empirical evidence I cared to submit on the subject.

You did not. You have resurrected this thread twice despite being told by many people that your "opinions" are not of value.

No you started this "battle of wits" here and in other threads by calling people who have vastly more knowledge and experience than you variously, pompous, Closed-minded self appointed know-it-all!, Obnoxious bigmouth!, hot air, guitar nazi, you two arrogant know-it-alls, do you want me to go on?

You have no credibility in my book judging solely on the content of your posts, leaving aside the insults. If you did you would have substantiated the claims you make rather than deflect them by insulting those that challenge them.

I can let it go any time but until you back up the statements you have made and accept the falsehoods in them I choose to challenge them. You dug this hole and now you must climb out of it. I close by suggesting you follow your own advice before you are pwnd further.

You are quite the piece of work, How come you have so much time to patrol these forums and hand out violations like some cop with a quota. Maybe you are just an "armchair guitar expert". Or maybe you have some insecurity or inferiority complex. Maybe your trussrod is too short.
VP:cool:

You are quite the piece of work, How come you have so much time to patrol these forums and hand out violations like some cop with a quota. Maybe you are just an "armchair guitar expert". Or maybe you have some insecurity or inferiority complex. Maybe your trussrod is too short.
VP:cool:

I can personally vouch for the quality of Muttley's advice although he doesn't need my support.

Hasn't this pissing match gone on long enough? Everyone has already said what they needed to say.

Erm, Victory Pete, can I make a polite moderation request that you try not to be quite so ......... annoyingly wrong?

You must understand that it's not your being annoying that is the problem, and nor is it your wrongness that is the problem. It's the fact that in two threads that I have read now (this and the machineheads one) you are an interesting combination of annoyingly wrong.

Anyone can voice their opinion and, if they're wrong, one of the people who knows better will usually correct it. There's no need to be quite so annoying in response to being corrected though. In this particular instance, Muttley and Light's reputations are beyond repute, but it doesn't actually require take an expert to see you're talking gibberish. It's not about being a "know-it-all" or "closed-minded", it's about knowing anything and having a mind.

Please try not to crap on any more threads, because I'll end up having to delete the chaff so we can retain the wheat, and remember - you calling someone names because they have corrected you is really, REALLY annoying.

Thank you.

I am not waisting any more time with you!

Waist:
bertha_waist_shaping.gif

Waste:
CommercialWaste.jpg

But hey, why spell the word right? The world would suck if everyone did it the same way.

Waist:
bertha_waist_shaping.gif

Waste:
CommercialWaste.jpg

But hey, why spell the word right? The world would suck if everyone did it the same way.

So apparently you are the spelling genius. If I keep getting bad comments about my opinions I am of course going to reply. If a lot of people have nothing better to do than mudsling 24/7, I will take the time out of my busy day and sling it right back. Another thing, If I am suppose to prove my methods or beliefs are right, then the experts should be able to prove them wrong. How can they disprove results or findings that I have experienced in all these years. Some of you people are probably just mindless followers.
VP

So apparently you are the spelling genius. If I keep getting bad comments about my opinions I am of course going to reply. If a lot of people have nothing better to do than mudsling 24/7, I will take the time out of my busy day and sling it right back. Another thing, If I am suppose to prove my methods or beliefs are right, then the experts should be able to prove them wrong. How can they disprove results or findings that I have experienced in all these years. Some of you people are probably just mindless followers.
VP

Victory Pete,

Did you read my post?

If you want to playfight please go to the Dragon Cave, I'm sure you can find a good argument if you go in there and start calling people mindless followers.

Leave your fruitless argument here alone now please.

Victory Pete,

Did you read my post?

If you want to playfight please go to the Dragon Cave, I'm sure you can find a good argument if you go in there and start calling people mindless followers.

Leave your fruitless argument here alone now please.

I would not want to offend anybody who hasnt insulted me in this railroading. I am sure the majority of the members do have an open mind.
VP

I imagine in Arizona a guitar has little chance of not have all sorts of drying and cracking problems because, yes the relative humidity is stable, but it is extremely low. I am just curious, do you oil the insides of acoustics also? I use humidifiers on all my acoustics.
VP

Drops in humidity are a much bigger problem than simple low humidity. Yes, low humidity is a big problem, but if a guitar spends it's summer bloated and moist, then when it drys out in the winter it is MOVING, which is when the problems happen.

Light

"Cowards can never be moral."
M.K. Gandhi

ive read a good porion of threads and posts involving Victory Pete going back and forth with others. id like to give him the benefit of the doubt, but having already gotten very good advice from Light, its hard for me to side with someone who goes against everything Light says. Not to mention its hard for me to side with someone who spends more time discussing ridiculous and irrelevant topics and arguments than just giving solid advice and tips.

I stopped putting anything on my fretboards and strings a long time ago. They only thing I do to my neck, with the strings attached, is frequently bathe the entire length in shower to shower powder. I rub it with a clean dry cotton cloth. It is pure bliss! My action is silky smooth fast with no oily, greasy, string dulling residue. It absorbs all acid, salt, grease, beer, or any other funk. Since I have been doing this my strings do not tarnish and last a long time. Any thing you put on your strings, even a damp cloth, gets inside the windings and clogs and corrodes them. I have studied this effect for years and I am convinced. Try wiping your strings with any king of liquid and they will be dull after. I dont think fretboards need anything but to be polished by your fingers.
Victory Pete:D

Bump...:laughings:

Back