another older song...

thanks for putting this up! I can't listen right now, but I downloaded for later scrutiny.. :D I'll be back later on..

yeah...same version... if you did a cover, it would be one of the cooler things done with my music. ...no pressure now!... seriously... there's better stuff (music) to do with your time.

this is sorta like Pink Floyd (their later style) meets Nine Inch Nails

It sounds like you are hiding your voice from us a bit. Bring that puppy up so we can hear it better To be honest, this mix gets a littl too busy at some spots compare to your other ones that I recall, but the nice ambience is always there, and the ending just kicks butt!

Thanks for putting up your older stuff, this one is definitely going into the Mixmkr folder also!!

AL

cool stuff.........a very new age-y start............ahhh, but then it gets dark....sounds like soundtrack music for something like 'the crow'.........i agree that the voice could be more up front........other than that, no suggestions.........great mix, very clean

Hey Mix,
...definitely solid soundtrack material. Its nice to hear you singing man.... I knew you had it in you.

nice stuff mix

g

Very professionally done. Well played too.

The vox are a bit far back, but I think they have a nice edge to them. Bring'em up man.

Nice tuneage.

Was there a trailer to Dark Side OTM and I missed it? Some really cool painting there, unlike I`ve heard maestro, sounds you got paint all over ya but it was fine piece man!!

:)

Man that was a shitload of fun I bet! This belongs in a movie. Nice change at 3:00. Very cool vocals, can't make out words, but it sounds rockin! Definitely belongs in a movie sequence. Nice one man!

Throw "Spanish Nights" up when time permits....

That was the first tune I heard from you.

cool man..

I had this whole movie plot when I was listening to this...

... Like the bad guys where driving up on their motorcycles into town to meet their match ... with all the dry desert smoke and everything :)

you were going bananas with the digitech whammy octave womanizer :D ? sounds cool.

Man!!!!!!!!!...................
I LOVE this kinda stuff! Not really anything to say about the recording....it's first rate for sure. I'm likin' this a bunch........good guitar sound at about 2:00.........here's the vocals....hmmmmmmmmmmI don't know if they need to come up but they do seem a little buried in the mix.......ok, it was Alan Parsons and now we're rockin' out..........:D:D:D:D

VERY nice man.....I enjoyed listening to this.

Wow!! That sounds great. I really like this kind of music. I'll probably never write this kind of music, (never say never ;)) as that's not usually what comes out of me, but I really like it :D

Vocals probably could come out a little more.

Keepers folder for this one :D

I really love that intro.. I couldn't reproduce that, but I can definitely do an interpretation of it.. Could you put up the lyrics? The are very hard to make out.. I have some ideas for this already.. It looks like I'll be doing 4 different songs for the Challenge. The first one's being this and fenderlikingood's 1.5.. Both songs will be fairly heavy!

The chorus on this is pretty rockin'.. I may screw with the arrangement as well if you don't mind.. Things like shorten the intro and lengthen or repeat the choruses more..

:D This is cool man!For those of you out there who are listening to this on speakers,do yourself a favor and slap a set of headphones on for this one.It's a trip!

I listened to this yesterday, but got busy there... mix.

Something about your voice... the gruffness... love it. Seriously. Sounds like this toon was Samij-inspired, like you tried on Sam's brain, and this is what came out of it. Like Rammstein vs. KMFDM vs. Satriani.... I'll give you more on this later, as I've got school here quick... great leads, btw!

Another vote for more mixmkr stuff!!

BTW how did I miss this "stundael?" I've been here only two months less than kramij!! :D

B.SABBATH said:
I really love that intro.. I couldn't reproduce that, but I can definitely do an interpretation of it.. Could you put up the lyrics? The are very hard to make out.. I have some ideas for this already

Man...this is like a wet dream...

anywazz, here ya go....

Yellow Brick Road

Intro~
You may hear the drums,
But I am telling you now,
Don't follow the yellow brick road.
'Cause it's only a dream
And it's not what it seems.
You keep listening
Like you're at a show.

V1~
Stop staring at me.
Let yourself go, you're gonna be free.
Quit hiding behind that tree.
Grab my hand and come with me.

Chorus~
We'll fly, I know the way,
Lost Pilot.
Come fly and hold on to me,
Lost Pilot.

Interlude~
You many hear the drums,
But it's only a dream.
You keep on listening,
But it's not what it seems.

V2~
I believe that you see.
One with God, now you're free.
You chopped down our tree,
And you hold out your hand to Thee.

Chorus~
Let's fly 'cause we know the way,
We're Pilots.
Let's fly 'till another today,
We're Pilots.

btw....I appreciate all the positive replies. I am going to try and get into doing a little more in this style. I'm also gonna be doing the Christian pop thing with my lady friend, so I need a good balance!

The postive comments are giving me the "push" I need to get into singing a little bit more...but boy, I suck at it...
I realize the vocals are a little bit on the low side... and now especially since EVERYONE is mentioning it. I may be remixing it. This was done on my old Tascam 1/2" eight track, which I no longer use. I recently have been transfering my 8 track stuff to the computer (don't know really why...but probably because I want to sell the eight track and still be able to play the unmixed stuff too), and I just transferred this one recently. Lots of volume problems all over on the tracks, and I now remember mixing this one, and making grease pencil marks all over my mixer...even for just 8 friggin tracks.

thanks again everyone for listening, and ESPECIALLY taking the time to comment.

participant said:

BTW how did I miss this "stundael?" I've been here only two months less than kramij!! :D

:D I've been around this place since 1999 I just never signed up because I was too chicken to comment.LOL.I used to wonder what this place called "The Cave" was that people were talking about in the open forums?LMAO!

I found out soon enough after I signed up.:D

I found The main page of Homerecording.com when I did a search for Tascam 488 MK II.It was the only site that I could find that seemed to have a dedicated section to the 488 II.

I've actually heard "stundeal" on another site on the web.I believe it was on Iuma.com.It's a pretty cool melodic guitar and synth driven tune.

I noticed mixmkr didnt reply about that one so maybe he doesnt wanna post it here!:eek:

Back