Angel (Sarah McLachlan) acoustic solo guitar

Guitarquango

Hi folks, this is one of my favorite ballads and I have tried to create a new fingerstyle version of "Angel". The song was published in 1997 by Sarah McLachlan and for me it is one of the most beautiful pop compositions of the 90s. My arrangement is based on a special tuning (DADGAD) and I copied a lot from Martin Tallstrom, who created a masterful version. I hope you enjoy the arrangement.

I wish you a nice Sunday and best regards from Hamburg, Jimmy

Jimmy - I've been watching your older stuff - I'd be really interested in how you record these because while there's obviously reverb - your latest videos compared to the older ones are 'different' - the guitar, the mics and other stuff have presumably all evolved while the fingers and ears are the same! The older ones were sort of 'darker'? I like hearing how people change their recording processes - you've been recording guitars for a long time, so it would be really interesting to find out a little more about how you actually do the recordings - especially the integration with the video which always seems so tight. Keep them coming!

Jimmy - I've been watching your older stuff - I'd be really interested in how you record these because while there's obviously reverb - your latest videos compared to the older ones are 'different' - the guitar, the mics and other stuff have presumably all evolved while the fingers and ears are the same! The older ones were sort of 'darker'? I like hearing how people change their recording processes - you've been recording guitars for a long time, so it would be really interesting to find out a little more about how you actually do the recordings - especially the integration with the video which always seems so tight. Keep them coming!
Thank you so much for your kind feedback Rob!! Your comment really honors me my friend!

And yes - you are so right! I changed my recording process :-) Since some month i record with a TASCAM DR-07X- the last years i had a ZOOM Q4 - but it was very quiet and there was a lot of room noises... And i also changed my strrings and my guitars. The last productions i played an Epiphone with new Martin strings. After the recordings with TASCAM for audio and an old Samsung S6 for video and i create the clip with Magix Video Deluxe. It's very easy to work with- so it's the right software for me... ;-)

Glad you like my guitar work - that is pure motivation for me man!!

Greetings and all the best from Hamburg,

Jimmy

Back