an old song finally finished, but...

catchy cool song:D i agree with some of the other posts about sound issues, and taking out at least a few of the 'i'm yours' but other than that pretty cool:D

thank you. i like to play. :) and the song was written when i was fairly young in the D/s lifestyle so it's not surprising that it's not very mature. however, every word in the song, is merely an exposition of why "i'm Yours". and, i do believe in keeping stuff simple :) but the next songs for this album are lyrically more complex. :) thanks for hte help :) i bet you're glad i didn't post one of the original versions. "i'm yours" was repeated even more lololol. and i don't really think you're out of line. you're offering an opinion, without being mean about it. no problems from me :)

Glad my comments were taken in the spirit I gave them. It's a catch song. When I hear something that is lost for all hope I don't even bother to comment. I did comment on your's and I was positive about the guitars. The drums and the lyrics are what make me stumble on this song so thought I woudld throw it out there. Good work all in all..

catchy cool song:D i agree with some of the other posts about sound issues, and taking out at least a few of the 'i'm yours' but other than that pretty cool:D

well the reason "i'm yours" is important is because i meant it. the target audience will for sure understand that if they like the actual music. :)

Glad my comments were taken in the spirit I gave them. It's a catch song. When I hear something that is lost for all hope I don't even bother to comment. I did comment on your's and I was positive about the guitars. The drums and the lyrics are what make me stumble on this song so thought I woudld throw it out there. Good work all in all..

ya there are a couple of spots in the drums that i have a slight issue with as well. in particular there is one spot, after the halfway mark i think, that makes the groove stumble. and in my lead playing i followed that as well. so it's a bit of a uhm, i guess stumble is the right word. however, this whole album is sort of about my life. and i have stumbled here and there as well as occasionally falling flat on my face. so it's appropriate. :)

what do you think of the rest of the lyrics? (oh, and i will have 11 other songs to post here as i definitely need a lot of help with mixing. i recieved a rather large compliment from a professional studio in this province for my work on my song 200 lashes. they said that with the equipment i had, i did a pretty good job and they said i should make them a proposition for working with them. :) but a lot of the skill involved in that particular song came from advice i got here--including a mix that was done by a member here who won the mix contest i set up for that song. (in the end, i ended up remixing the song myself before doing the mastering, but if it hadn't been for you guys i woudn't have done nearly as good a job on it)

and i have one more question. my roomy says this song could be mainstream. despite hte lyrical subject matter. what do you all think?

http://www.box.net/shared/xj5xh39hor
Hope you don't mind but spent an hour having a play around with this using some new techniques I'm enjoying learning (sidechaining to get verb out of the highs and comping on the lows and stuff.) Is a bit shrill on the highs so don't crank it from the start, ok?

PS: I think you should put a photo of the singer just to see if we really like the song ...

I think the song sounds a bit generic, but it's not too bad. The recording however, sounds like a cassette tape that's been played alot.

Honestly, just re-record it. Start fresh. I think the song would benefit from it. Sometimes you just gotta start from the beginning.

Honestly, just re-record it. Start fresh. I think the song would benefit from it. Sometimes you just gotta start from the beginning.

It was my lack of ability to get my ideas recorded perfectly at the first attempt that led to my disillusionment with recording. Sometimes you certainly do need to start from the beginning, but you still don't want to. :p

http://www.box.net/shared/xj5xh39hor
Hope you don't mind but spent an hour having a play around with this using some new techniques I'm enjoying learning (sidechaining to get verb out of the highs and comping on the lows and stuff.) Is a bit shrill on the highs so don't crank it from the start, ok?

PS: I think you should put a photo of the singer just to see if we really like the song ...

the singer is my little sister, and she's hot. so that would probably affect your opinion even if you don't agree with people that i'm pretty hot myself lolol

I think the song sounds a bit generic, but it's not too bad. The recording however, sounds like a cassette tape that's been played alot.

na, this is a project that represents my life and not merely a money making thing. everything that is, is, and it is what it is-or was. i really think the mix 8 is a lot better. if you don't, then that's fine, but i am not at this point rerecording the whole thing as the release date for the album is nov 20.

It was my lack of ability to get my ideas recorded perfectly at the first attempt that led to my disillusionment with recording. Sometimes you certainly do need to start from the beginning, but you still don't want to. :p

well my lack of ability is reflected in the this song, but, the increase in ability will be shown in the next ones :) as i said, it is representative of my life, in many different ways. in my relationships, in my thinking, in my abilities, etc.

the person i care most about what they think of it likes it as it was before i posted the first version. if She is happy, then i am. but i did tell Her i could do better, and so i have been trying despite the inadequacies that plagued the early tracks :)

in the riff that is the core of the song, i recorded it long before i ever settled on a type of sound for my guitar. that led to some pretty disgusting hi and low mid sounds. i have since mostly fixed that, or at least become better with the originally recorded sound, as you can tell from both the lead in this and the last crunchy guitar at the end. every song from this point on will merely get better, as i have done in my life and abilities :)

Did you listen to the one I posted on Box.net?

yes i did. and honestly, i heard what you were attempting, but it was waaaay overdone. too much of whatever it was you did. try about 10% of that, and you'll probably have it better than mine :)

^ I'll take that with a grain of salt. And a little sugar.

thats the best way to take things :) 10% might be a little low. but in all, the effect of what you did is certainly way too much though the right amount of it would probably be a really nice effect. :)

nzausrec's tweak is interesting & applied to certain elements in a mix would be good . It takes the guitars to a more "stadium" level - I quite like the original guitar sound.
Of your mix Nicole I can offer that it's very quiet - mastering may fix that - and the bass needs some definition (a little 3dB boost at 3khz maybe?).
Good song all in all & pop-punkier thah I'm used to from you - but that's good too - no pigeon holing!

the drums sound a bit uhm, "plastic" maybe? at least the snare. i think i messed with them too much. my question is, are they bad enough that i should go back and remix the drums from the beginning so that they sound as much better as i can make them or will they suffice and i should use what i have learned from that mistake on the next song? this is for an album that will be released on nov 20 of this year hopefully. :)

here is the link. i was made for You

I might have a bit more edge on the snare, but they (the drums) seem fine for the piece otherwise! Cool tune, by the way. Love your voice...

nzausrec's tweak is interesting & applied to certain elements in a mix would be good . It takes the guitars to a more "stadium" level - I quite like the original guitar sound.
Of your mix Nicole I can offer that it's very quiet - mastering may fix that - and the bass needs some definition (a little 3dB boost at 3khz maybe?).
Good song all in all & pop-punkier thah I'm used to from you - but that's good too - no pigeon holing!

:) thanks ray. in the second mix, i think i'm thinking the drums are overall just slightly too loud. and turning them down just a little would allow me to turn the rest up. i'll try out that bass boost you suggested :)

and this album is going to have a lot of different stuff than people expect from me :)

I might have a bit more edge on the snare, but they (the drums) seem fine for the piece otherwise! Cool tune, by the way. Love your voice...

thanks Llarion. did you listen to the second mix? because the first one is 5 mixes back lolol.

:) thanks ray. in the second mix, i think i'm thinking the drums are overall just slightly too loud. and turning them down just a little would allow me to turn the rest up. i'll try out that bass boost you suggested :)

and this album is going to have a lot of different stuff than people expect from me :)

thanks Llarion. did you listen to the second mix? because the first one is 5 mixes back lolol.

I listened to the one in the first post. :) I try not to read a big thread like this all the way through when taking a first listen, I don't want other people's opinions to color my experience or judgment...

I listened to the one in the first post. :) I try not to read a big thread like this all the way through when taking a first listen, I don't want other people's opinions to color my experience or judgment...

thanks :) and it's my little sister doing the vocals, not myself. :)

Back