Amy Phillips RNB - Long Wave

I like the song, I like the singer, good harmonies,... a really good piece of work. :) I would like to hear the vocals a bit better but other than that it sounds very nice.

Having said that.....I, personally, don't care much for the current taste in bass drums and bass........that bloated hip-hop sound that everyone uses nowadays. That's just me, of course. It's certainly the current tone du jour and the style of that song requires it I suppose, but for me it's just too undefined as far as having a definate pitch center.

longwave:
I have heard this song before, liked it, and wanted to hear it again, but the download is way too slow even on my T3 connection...So, I gave up after 1 min of waiting....

AL

hey.cheers for listening mate.

well, there are options to change bass sounds, etc.no final mixes yet. we're not mixing anything fully till the whole amy project is complete. it's a long project, probably finish end of this year.

nice one

didn't we review this song a little while back? I remember the munch-kin beginning. This song seems awfully fast...at least the percussion stuff.

the download crawls for me too...

hi mixmkr,

yeah, i want some more feedback on it. there's been an offer by a company to buy the track.i want to see what opinions are first.

hmm, we came across this before. if i eliminated the intro, i doubt you'd think like that. i think its only that filter thing which does something to you.

yeah.. but the drum programming seemed kinda on some 'uppers' too.

shoot...I'd go with what you think, most important (which I'm sure you do anyway), and move on with the track and sell it if the price is right. You've got a decent enough sound, but is that for sale too...or just the song?
To be blunt honest, I think you're asking a group of people here who in general don't care too much for this genre, and are below your recording abilities in addition. You're the boss in this case, and I think you're going to get responses ranging from A to Z.

I'd push for the sale, and move on. This song's been around to long on the burner to keep fiddling with. You should have 15 songs by now, if this is a serious situation with Amy and you.

maybe I'm too uninformed to be making these statements, but those are my initial reactions.

hey Longwave,

This took a looong time to download...even on my deadly fast cable modem..

I normally avoid the big studio stuff but I wanted to check this out.. I dont like this genre, but I know a near perfect sound when I hear it, and this was. It sounds just as good as the Christinas, Britneys, etc.. It sounds pro because it is pro.. That's about all I can say about this one...Other than I waited a long time for it to download, it sounds like the radio, and I wouldnt mind you checking out my tune and dropping some tips.. I'm sure you probably wont though..

Sounds like the radio to me..

later

sam (B.Sabbath)

I still have the first mp3 you posted of this song awhile back and I still say it's radio ready pop.Top notch recording.The melody will have kids singing along to it in no time.

The drums and percussion tracks are perfect to me.It may be a little busy but it doesnt take my ear away from the singers voice.

Excellent song and recording.

Once the connection hits NYC it starts to drag from there on xo.net UK... Very, very slow reply times for North American users!

(upstream pipes from the UK are still very, very small, although the downstream is pretty good. Which is why it's never a good idea to host an international site in the UK...)

W.

I assume Only One for You is the song we're talking about.

It's sounds pretty good to me. I think you should add some more vocal tracks to the chorus. She's got a good voice and that should be the focus in my opinion (although in this genre, there's a lot more than the music when you are marketing it).

Just have her let loose in that chorus and see what happens. The vocoded part is a start but I think it needs more.

eric,

there are 45 vocal parts on the chorus! but i think you mean there should be more vocals standing out? there are a lot of vocals which you dont hear, but just build texture. for example, amy whispered the chorus quite a few times through a C451 which made the chorus rise, kidna thing. cant explain.

thanks for listenining.

45 vocal parts on the chorus? That's kinda interesting....please elaborate a bit. I'm gonna go back and listen again with that in mind.

Back