Alto 1604 returns

Nomanoba

I have an external spring reverb unit that I wish to connect to an Alto 1604, I have 4 aux sends but no returns. Would like to add the reverb to vocals and guitar using the aux 1 channel controls.

Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance.

Gelan

The Alto Live 1604 ? I don't use one, just going by the User Guide. You've got 4 Stereo Aux Returns on the rear panel with control knobs on the top surface.

Per User Guide Pg. 9

Stereo Aux Return: Connect the outputs of an external device to these inputs with 1/4"
mono cables. If your source is mono, plug it into the left jack and it will be heard on both
the left and right sides.

Hope this helps.

even if you don't have returns, it was common practice to use spare normal input channels for returns - then you could EQ them, and even add more effects, or do commonly requested things like the singers wanting reverb in their monitors - send the vocal channel to the reverb, make it wet and splashy, then return that into channel 10, or whatever, and then leave the channel fader down, and use the send that goes to the singers floor monitor - you can give them reverb in huge amounts and take it away when they do the between song speak bits. The audience can have the usual reverb, they can have different. Doing it that way can be more flexible.

Thanks for your replies...I agree their are some advantages using an extra channel, but I need all 16 on most of my songs so happy to have been pointed in the right direction regarding the return sockets DOH!

The reverb tank (from old Hammond organ) drives well from the send, but just needed an op amp on the output to get saturation. Tank and amp came to £41 which is pretty damn cheap for an outboard reverb of this quality.

I'm getting there guys...the constant questions will lessen I'm sure.

Happy days,

Gelan

Back