Connecting two UMC 1820's

Nomanoba

Hello all,
I decided to go analogue, but having a bit of trouble getting sound out of my slave UMC 1820. The master one (channels 1-8) work, as that's the one with the usb connection to my PC, and although the optical connectors work ( I can select all 16 channels from both units) there is no sound from secondary unit.

Is it possible I need a usb connector from the second one also?

I'm prepared to be educated.

Thanks in advance,

Gelan

Hello all,
I decided to go analogue, but having a bit of trouble getting sound out of my slave UMC 1820. The master one (channels 1-8) work, as that's the one with the usb connection to my PC, and although the optical connectors work ( I can select all 16 channels from both units) there is no sound from secondary unit.

Is it possible I need a usb connector from the second one also?

I'm prepared to be educated.

Thanks in advance,

Gelan
Mac or PC? I don't think the 1820 works as a stand alone device. On Mac you can connect both via USB and create an aggregate device in the OS to use two interfaces. On PC you are just out of luck.

Why two interfaces? One interface and a ADA8200 would make more sense.

Mac or PC? I don't think the 1820 works as a stand alone device. On Mac you can connect both via USB and create an aggregate device in the OS to use two interfaces. On PC you are just out of luck.

Why two interfaces? One interface and a ADA8200 would make more sense.

Thank you for the reply,
I have a PC, and yes you are right, an ADA8200 would have been easier, but I watched this video and thought that was the way to go.

Maybe I'll try connecting the second unit with a USB lead.

Back