Almost completely new pics of studio

I am using philips 17" Monitors.

These are to be replaced with a couple of 20" CRT's after i build my desk, till I can afford to buy 2 Apple 23" Studio Displays.

The flat panel will take up less room than what I have and give you a nice look and no long term heath problems (like a bad neck from the monitor flicker.) A buddy of mine ended up in the hospital cuz he was mixing 10-12 hour sessions in front of a CRT and the flicker made his neck crink up.

More screen real estate, especially when you have a mix window open and plug in windows. :)

Just loves that screen real estate.

giles117 said:
More screen real estate, especially when you have a mix window open and plug in windows. :)

Just loves that screen real estate.
how can u have 2 dual monitors??
my vid card (radeon 9200)
only lets me have one monitor...and tv out

All Macs since the Quicksivers have Dual output monitor Cards and the Dual monitor software is built into OS X to manage the screens.

generally you'd want to get a dual head video card that has either two VGA ports or one VGA and one DVI. You can also just get a second video card if you have another PCI slot. They might also sell TV-VGA adapters but I'm not positive on that. You'll have to look around.

I 2nd that. Not up 2 speed on pc issues. The mac came with a DVI and ADC (Apple Desktop Connector) I hear the newly shipping g5's come with dual DVI and all you need is a 10 dollar DVI to VGA Adapter. it ships with one and u just need to purchase the 2nd one.

My Dual 867 Came with a ADC to VGA Adapter and I had a DVI to VGA Adapter from my previous mac.

i have 3 slots unused on my comp..
so if i get another vid card....just like that
i can get 2 dual monitors
are u sure?

Thorguitarist said:
What kinda kit is that? Dw? well the studio looks pretty frieken sweet. Wish mine looked like that. :(

Its a pacific. Awesome kit espeically for hte price :)... thanks for the nice comments. I worked super super hard to get everything to look like that. Guess it was worth it :)

Another thing, you can't just use onboard agp and a agp card, your gonna have to have a pci card and a agp card/agp onboard, or a dual head card. You can also put a few pci vid cards in there and have multiple monitors.

Hey how big is ur room Rudalicious? I have an 8x11 room that I'm thinking about using as a vocal/drum room. Just wondering how much I can fit in there...and yes, I too have a creation station. The rubber trim is peeling from the bottom deck of mine though.

hookiefree said:
Hey how big is ur room Rudalicious? I have an 8x11 room that I'm thinking about using as a vocal/drum room. Just wondering how much I can fit in there...and yes, I too have a creation station. The rubber trim is peeling from the bottom deck of mine though.

A little bigger than that room... something like 18 X 9 or something like that.

The rubber is slipping a bit on mine but it has seen its fair share of abuse so its ok by my standards

rudalicious said:
A little bigger than that room... something like 18 X 9 or something like that.

The rubber is slipping a bit on mine but it has seen its fair share of abuse so its ok by my standards

O cool. Could you have turned the drumset the other way (parallel to the desk) if u wanted? I'm not a drummer and I'm wondering if I'll need more than 8' to fit an average sized kit and mics.

I haven't abused mine but I'm sure it's do to the constant temperature changes in my room. The central air in that room isn't working so I had to bring in a window unit but I only turn in on when the computer is on.

8' is enuff space to mic a kit. The average drum riser is 8x8 on a live set and we manage to get all them mics up there.

ya i had it set up that way... it was acutally way easier to mic up since they were all the same distance away fomr the desk.

Back