Almost Beatles Songs

There is a vicar in this county who is really a nice guy, and his next door neighbour was Rick Wakeman. He moved back to a church here and was told by the leaders that it was usual for a new vicar to arrange a music event. A proper one, with somebody properly trained and competent - not rubbish. Trevor asked Rick and he turned up and did his thing. He even opened a few years back, the new refurbished local theatre. The council big wigs didn't expect the bawdy tales of life on the road with a rock band, and the PA blew their wigs off. He's a Water Rat - and a Freemason too! Raised large sums for charities. All round grumpy good guy.
I heard a similar story about Clapton 😉👍

• Love
Reactions: TAE
Never heard of em but this is solid prog rock...had a genesis / journey feel to it. Keyboard player was tasty some cool vintage boards there.

Stuck to their principles in the 80's when Prog was totally gone.
Total admiration TAE.
Dont care about fashion, we do what we do.
Very early Genesis and Yes.
Very English prog 🥰🥰😉🤘

Stuck to their principles in the 80's when Prog was totally gone.
Total admiration TAE.
Dont care about fashion, we do what we do.
Very early Genesis and Yes.
Very English prog 🥰🥰😉🤘

Can you imagine what happened in the A and R room...with the record company executive?
"Well boys, we are really pleased with the 2 singles, they are a bit more indulgent musically than we asked for and they got into the top 10. We are going against Duran Duran for the second album so we need more hits boys, keep it simpler this time ok?, what hit singles have you got for me from the second album?"

Well this?

Ha ha

Can you imagine what happened in the A and R room...with the record company executive?
"Well boys, we are really pleased with the 2 singles, they are a bit more indulgent musically than we asked for and they got into the top 10. We are going against Duran Duran for the second album so we need more hits boys, keep it simpler this time ok?, what hit singles have you got for me from the second album?"

Well this?

Ha ha
Unmistakable DX7 eh TAE ?

Frank was a complete monster on guitar at 22. But he always says now that he looks back at his playing in those days with embarrassment. I have met him again since the 80s and he is a better player now not melting anymore.

Its a cool video of the old days... but .. oh dear...
Mark Wallis shorts..... oh no man !

So have done two practices and Brett is digging me joining in so now I just have to learn my parts. Some talented cats. Brett is the main singer in this. Current vision is to get the core built performing these works he has developed over the last 9 years live with a string quartet and horns at a few nice venue in LA

So have done two practices and Brett is digging me joining in so now I just have to learn my parts. Some talented cats. Brett is the main singer in this. Current vision is to get the core built performing these works he has developed over the last 9 years live with a string quartet and horns at a few nice venue in LA

I think it's cool that they weren't using headphones, I finally spotted what appeared to be tall PA speakers on stands at either side of the circle. Very intimate.

Think about those whacky dudes ..Their day job was to go sit in the studio and make up songs...show up when they want, get stoned and jam. Some really cool stuff on those old "lost" tapes.

Back in the late 70's when I was with CDR we had day jobs but we got together 5 nights a week to practice and create. In the 4+ years and many gigs we played I never made a penny playing with that band. It always went to pay for rent or equipment. We were shooting for the stars, had a blast trying but in the end fizzled out before we could break through.

Digging the chance to do this at my ancient age...still alive n well...every now and then I know it's kind of hard to tell but I'm still alive n well!

Here's a link to most all of the songs he's developed to date over the last 9 years.

click here for some Pretty cool stuff...
Tom, my youngest daughter, guitar player, song writer, has always been a fan of The Beatles without any influence from me. As much as I was a fan of The Beatles, I was a bigger fan of The Rolling Stones music, for better or worse.

I shared your link of Pretty cool stuff with my daughter today, Christmas Day.

I live in CT, she lives in Maine.

Her response was immediate.

"That is just so cool. Thanks for sending me the link."

Tom, my youngest daughter, guitar player, song writer, has always been a fan of The Beatles without any influence from me. As much as I was a fan of The Beatles, I was a bigger fan of The Rolling Stones music, for better or worse.

I shared your link of Pretty cool stuff with my daughter today, Christmas Day.

I live in CT, she lives in Maine.

Her response was immediate.

"That is just so cool. Thanks for sending me the link."
Cool Man! Some of my friends get it, some don't. My daughters and son in laws who are all in their late 30's or early 40's are happy for me and liked what they heard.
It is really cool...the more I dig in the more I'm digging it...still have a long way to go for putting on a live show with this stuff. What Brett with his group has put together from these scraps and snippets over the last 9 years is a beautiful effort. Now to pull it off all live will be challenging but doable ..See what tomorrow brings.

Basically the songs all in this video and a few others like Making Rainbows etc.

Last edited:
I am not playing on any of the songs in this video but it is a nice catalog of what they have done so far.

Reactions: RFR
Some of this stuff is unrecognizable as coming from any of the Beatles. Some vocals don't sound like any of them. Pieces sound fairly conventional as in the type of music "other" musicians might play, but not these guys. It's a little surreal at times.

Some of this stuff is unrecognizable as coming from any of the Beatles. Some vocals don't sound like any of them. Pieces sound fairly conventional as in the type of music "other" musicians might play, but not these guys. It's a little surreal at times.
Yeah the Nagra tapes give us an insight into how mostly Paul and John woodshedded songs. They are totally legit and yes that really is John and Paul and george and sometimes Ringo there on them...of course there are other people there like Nicky Hopkins and such. Imagine your "job" is to go sit in the studio and write songs all day, everyday...In the case of the nagra tapes songs for the Let it be concert....I have a lot of other woodsheding stuff of theirs beyond the Nagra tapes. When listening to them realized they were very much human and not Gods but definitely brilliant and perfectionist in producing a final product. I dig what Brett has come up with but it's just his stab at making sand castles out of the nagra tapes sand box....they are there for anyone who wants to make sand castles themselves to make.

So Brett finally pulled off a live show last night and I was able to go and get a front row seat at this pretty intimate little place in Hollyweird called the Hotel cafe...Too funny parking is always a PITA in hollywood so I had to park about a 1/2 mile away. I'm not seeing this club where the google says it's supposed to be. I seriously must have asked about 10 people if they knew where it was just minutes from where it was. Even a couple of door people at a club just a few hundred feet down the road...Big question marks over their heads...all of them....Shit I've known about the club for years just never been there...I mean it is kinda popular. Finally walk up to a security guard who chuckles...yeah it's right down this alley that was 10 feet away from me...no signs to let anyone know...a secret club...shit...

Anyways here's a couple videos I shot from the show...I'll upload more as time allows...

Last edited:
I have over 4 gigs of underground Beatles recordings..art work from the liner notes of the records and cd's that were passed around back when all we had was dial up...quite a collection that a friend of a friend turned me onto.
How on earth did you find 4 Gigs of Beatles Material - do you have outtakes from all the eras?

Back