Almost Beatles Songs

Thanks brother solid advice and encouragement. It could be nothing but even if is is nothing more than what I felt today that's good enough cause it felt bitchin. They let me take some privildges and just noodle , I did and I moved these cats I took em on a ride and they dug where I took it...That's good enough...If this becomes something more than that it's just groovy gravy.
TAE .... sorry for my rant but.... have you got the Superfly/James Browne tribute band world tour gig as the lead music engineer and just rehearsing your lingo? Or is it just your whacky humour 🤣🤣🤣🤣❤❤❤❤

Reactions: TAE
In my story, I realized after the fact that even if all I did was do some shakers, a bell or two, or just three notes on guitar at strategic places of Jon’s choosing, I’d have album credits on a major player’s music.

Open doors lead to more open doors.

Brett? Oh god, is it that singer from that late 80's band?
I'm thinking you may be speaking of a different Brett...this cat is cool as a mule.. Actually I only jammed with him, one of the guitarist and the drummer today but it was good stuff and these cats were good. I really don't know that much about his music history. Anything is possible in the past but his main gig for the last 15 or so years is a film editor for reality TV shows. Trippy gig. He's got video skills...that is not a bad thing...their recordings are REALLY good so he has a Youtube web page called Elvis Orbison where you can see some of his music stuff...including all of the almost Beatles stuff they have already done...The keyboard player that is on these is either Brett of this other cat that is amazing... I

Wellll they didn't hate me.....Now I guess we'll just see where it leads.. They liked what I brought to the table so now it's just a matter of time management and not getting the wife to annoyed with another musical distraction. So Brett's day gig is a video editor, mostly reality TV stuff Ice road truckers for instance..the video I started this thread with is his work with him narrating. Pro level stuff so this could be some top drawer biz I'm going to get to play apart in...it felt really good when I wasn't screwing things up with clams...Soon enough, time will tell about the circus and the wishing well

I love your subtle clever humour TAE.
Its very English 😄😄

Do ya dig it? Ha ha

I'm thinking you may be speaking of a different Brett...this cat is cool as a mule.. Actually I only jammed with him, one of the guitarist and the drummer today but it was good stuff and these cats were good. I really don't know that much about his music history. Anything is possible in the past but his main gig for the last 15 or so years is a film editor for reality TV shows. Trippy gig. He's got video skills...that is not a bad thing...their recordings are REALLY good so he has a Youtube web page called Elvis Orbison where you can see some of his music stuff...including all of the almost Beatles stuff they have already done...The keyboard player that is on these is either Brett of this other cat that is amazing... I
Sorry my mistake

In my story, I realized after the fact that even if all I did was do some shakers, a bell or two, or just three notes on guitar at strategic places of Jon’s choosing, I’d have album credits on a major player’s music.

You achieved more than most musicians could ever do so Kudos and respect man 👍

Man I met Yes in Vegas backstage one night. Jon was so cool...and magical...bastard didn't invite me to sit in.. Squire was huge I have really big hands but his felt bigger...cool cat. .I cornered Wakeman and asked how in the hell I was hearing all these synth parts as he was playing the hammond...he smiled and said oh we have a few tricks...yeah backing tracks.

It is a shame you passed on that opportunity...no guts no glory brother.. Also met Billy Preston once...he also did not invite me to jam...shit!

Well you met Eddie Van Halen and played a gig with VH. I think that would have been enough for me to be happy TAE. And you been a sucess and great family and now great life with your grand kids in sunny CF. From where I am sitting I think you nailed it 🤣🤣🥰🥰🥰🤘🤘👍👍
LOL

I truly am one lucky MoFo Fo Sho!

funny thing about that...the harder I work, the more risk I take, the luckier I get...come on 7's!

Sorry my mistake
Are you a bl
Man I met Yes in Vegas backstage one night. Jon was so cool...and magical...bastard didn't invite me to sit in.. Squire was huge I have really big hands but his felt bigger...cool cat. .I cornered Wakeman and asked how in the hell I was hearing all these synth parts as he was playing the hammond...he smiled and said oh we have a few tricks...yeah backing tracks.

It is a shame you passed on that opportunity...no guts no glory brother.. Also met Billy Preston once...he also did not invite me to jam...shit!

LOL

I truly am one lucky MoFo Fo Sho!

funny thing about that...the harder I work, the more risk I take, the luckier I get...come on 7's!
Thats the golfer Gary Player you stole that quote from !! ❤❤❤
Someone got beat by Player and said ...
Gary... you are lucky!
Player said.... yes I know, the more I practice the luckier I get ! 😄😄😄
Nice one TAE... love it 🥰🥰🥰😉😉😄😄👍👍👍

Rick is a lovely guy. He was friends with an English comedian called Les Dawson who passed away. Les was also an accomplished pianist who as part of his comedy routine would play serious classical pieces and hit bum notes just in the right place to make it sound funny. Rick incorporates the "Les Dawson" into his gigs now. You have to be a very good musician to know just where to play the bum note to make it funny. Normall a sharp near the end of a phrase 😄😄

Rick is a lovely guy. He was friends with an English comedian called Les Dawson who passed away. Les was also an accomplished pianist who as part of his comedy routine would play serious classical pieces and hit bum notes just in the right place to make it sound funny. Rick incorporates the "Les Dawson" into his gigs now. You have to be a very good musician to know just where to play the bum note to make it funny. Normall a sharp near the end of a phrase 😄😄
Yeah Rick is a brilliant player I have heard he is quite bummed with the arthritis thing that sucks...Hope I never get that shit.

It is a shame you passed on that opportunity...no guts no glory brother..
No worries. I’m still a legend in my own mind.

Eh, I was young and musically insecure. I’d done a lot of work with the band, but not as a musician.

But hey, how many people get to hang out in Jon Anderson’s living room?
It doubled as his home studio too. Big mixer on his coffee table. Cables all over. Gear everywhere. It was cool. That man lives and breathes music. That living room definitely wasn’t used for Malibu cocktail parties. :D

No worries. I’m still a legend in my own mind.

Eh, I was young and musically insecure. I’d done a lot of work with the band, but not as a musician.

But hey, how many people get to hang out in Jon Anderson’s living room?
It doubled as his home studio too. Big mixer on his coffee table. Cables all over. Gear everywhere. It was cool. That man lives and breathes music. That living room definitely wasn’t used for Malibu cocktail parties. :D
I remember him singing Amazing Grace acapella at one of the concerts in LA ...wowser definitely an incredible version...

Yeah Rick is a brilliant player I have heard he is quite bummed with the arthritis thing that sucks...Hope I never get that shit.
Did you ever hear about a band called It Bites TAE? They were from the North of England and I used to go to local gigs and hang out with these guys in the mid 80s before they made it. You might like this 😉👍

Did you ever hear about a band called It Bites TAE? They were from the North of England and I used to go to local gigs and hang out with these guys in the mid 80s before they made it. You might like this 😉👍

It sounds complex but the guitar and bass are just playing a 6/8 shuffle over the 4/4 of the drum pattern. A simple trick that created a polyrhythm 👍

Never heard of em but this is solid prog rock...had a genesis / journey feel to it. Keyboard player was tasty some cool vintage boards there.

There is a vicar in this county who is really a nice guy, and his next door neighbour was Rick Wakeman. He moved back to a church here and was told by the leaders that it was usual for a new vicar to arrange a music event. A proper one, with somebody properly trained and competent - not rubbish. Trevor asked Rick and he turned up and did his thing. He even opened a few years back, the new refurbished local theatre. The council big wigs didn't expect the bawdy tales of life on the road with a rock band, and the PA blew their wigs off. He's a Water Rat - and a Freemason too! Raised large sums for charities. All round grumpy good guy.

Never heard of em but this is solid prog rock...had a genesis / journey feel to it. Keyboard player was tasty some cool vintage boards there.
Yeh the rhythm section was solid but workmanlike, it was the 80's and prog was very out of fashion. They had some pop like hits as the record company demanded but the 2nd album was full on Genesis/Yes, Steve Hillage produced.
Frank on guitar and Jon on keys were monster players. I remember in around 85 my kb player at the time had a DX7 bottom/ D50 top set up. That was the sexy perfect combo at the time. They were both groundbraking brilliant synths for live work but at the time MIDI and computer sequencing was starting to emerge and neither of these were multi timbral. Then Korg came in with the great M1 and Roland hit back with the D20 then the JV80. I have the JV1080 in my rack with the expansion boards and 3 plug ins. It is fab and I think Hans Zimmer was a big fan of the 1080 and used it.
🥰🥰😉😉👍👍

There is a vicar in this county who is really a nice guy, and his next door neighbour was Rick Wakeman. He moved back to a church here and was told by the leaders that it was usual for a new vicar to arrange a music event. A proper one, with somebody properly trained and competent - not rubbish. Trevor asked Rick and he turned up and did his thing. He even opened a few years back, the new refurbished local theatre. The council big wigs didn't expect the bawdy tales of life on the road with a rock band, and the PA blew their wigs off. He's a Water Rat - and a Freemason too! Raised large sums for charities. All round grumpy good guy.
There is a show called Car SOS where they rebuild old classics for guys who have fallen on hard times. Wakeman sometimes makes guest appearences in the garage in the corner playing on a Casio keyboard, and they shout.... NOT NOW RICK ! 😄😄
Lovely genuine down to earth guy with a sense of humour xxx 🥰🥰😉😉😉👍👍

Back