Allen Ginsberg

ksounds

I have neglected the synth side of my personality for far too long, so today I indulged. Korg released a plugin for it's NanoKontrol to work with garageband, so I picked one up and have to say it works very, very well. I am really happy with the level of control the device brings to garageband. Basic transport as well as parameter/level control for synths and effects. And it was pretty inexpensive.

This is just a quick jam built around a bass line, stream-of-conciousness style, hence the spirit of the name. Didn't spend too much time on it, but I think it has a cool vibe. Synths were done with the Garageband patches and tweaked by myself. The drums are idrum. Recorded some guitars as well, and even through in some spoken word type flavoring:D

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=805880&content=music

Last edited:
I need to mess more with synth plugins. There are so many good freebies out there. Anyway. To me it needs more to it. Seemed kind of repetative. I know your just messing with new toys and its a start. Lord knows I have alot of shit (works in progress) thats repetative, but all songs are built around a foundation. But keep adding to it. Lets hear some "Brain Salid Surgery" type of synths and keys !!!!

Very interesting, this has an Indian far eastern flair to it....like it!
Nice recording and mix.

Joey :):):):)

very Krafwerk meats PIL...even for a jam I liked it...has something to build a song on for sure

Idrum's a little gem...have you stuck your own samples in it? great value for $60

great stuff :)

very Krafwerk meats PIL...even for a jam I liked it...has something to build a song on for sure

Idrum's a little gem...have you stuck your own samples in it? great value for $60

great stuff :)

Thanks for listening guys.

I may or may not build on this. It was really just something to experiment with. It might make for a cool beginning or ending of something else. We'll see.

kc, I haven't tried sticking my own samples in idrum yet, but I can't wait to try it. I haven't even programmed in more than 1 part yet. I do agree though, idrum does have some cool sounds and the interface is easy enough. I like it.

Thanks for commenting guys. I need to sit down and comment on some other people's stuff...dinner time now though:o

Sounds very nice man. Love the sort of raga thing going on in the background...would like that a bit more up front, but just because I like the sound of it and not necessarily because I know it would help the track or anything.

Didn't you used to record tunes using a microkorg or micron or something onto cassette a couple of years ago? I remember liking the sound of those although I can't refer back to them because you delete everything you post :mad::D.

I think this sounds like a big intro to something else. The mix is cool and I like the sounds, but it kind of seems like it is leading up to something that doesn't quite happen. A nice, fun listen :)

Didn't you used to record tunes using a microkorg or micron or something onto cassette a couple of years ago? I remember liking the sound of those although I can't refer back to them because you delete everything you post :mad::D.

I think this sounds like a big intro to something else. The mix is cool and I like the sounds, but it kind of seems like it is leading up to something that doesn't quite happen. A nice, fun listen :)

I had both at different times, but I mostly used the Micron. That was such a cool synth. I wish I hadn't sold it.

Thanks for listening and commenting.

One day I'm going to repost all that stuff. I need to learn to relax with things and just let them be the way they are, but I'm weird like that. Once it falls off the front page, I yank it. It ran it's course, burned out and now it's time to move on. It's a ritual thing now:eek:

I wonder if the leads could be a bit louder in the mix. It's all balanced well, but it seems to lack that dominance and direction that a stronger lead would bring. Absolutely love the vocals.... I'd call this trance as it is very hypnotic.... or maybe HIPnotic...:cool::D:cool::D

Nicely done. I think this track would make a great bed for some distorted electric guitar work. i kept waiting for it to come in. Something a little bit more melodic on top of this would sound really good IMO.

I wonder if the leads could be a bit louder in the mix. It's all balanced well, but it seems to lack that dominance and direction that a stronger lead would bring. Absolutely love the vocals.... I'd call this trance as it is very hypnotic.... or maybe HIPnotic...:cool::D:cool::D

Thanks ido! I would say it's pretty trancy as well:D

Nicely done. I think this track would make a great bed for some distorted electric guitar work. i kept waiting for it to come in. Something a little bit more melodic on top of this would sound really good IMO.

Thanks guitar...still may approach this some more. I'll keep your suggestion in mind.

Back