All That You Said - appreciate any feedback

I really like it. Love the guitar tones. The only thing for me is in the chorus, it seems crowded with the lead, backing vocals, and all the instruments up. Maybe I just want the lead vocal to cut through a little more.

J

It started out like the Cars, but that is about it. Nice mix, nice vocals, damn nice tune. Poppy for my taste, but I can see it in a top40 rotation.

Yep. That guitar tone at the start does sound a lot like the Cars.
The vocal melody on the Chorus is good.
You've got some kind of weird digital distortion-sounding thing with the lead vocal. Is that auto-tune artifacts or something?
It's a very full and loud sounding mix, which is presumably what you're going for. Nice work there.

Yep. That guitar tone at the start does sound a lot like the Cars.
The vocal melody on the Chorus is good.
You've got some kind of weird digital distortion-sounding thing with the lead vocal. Is that auto-tune artifacts or something?
It's a very full and loud sounding mix, which is presumably what you're going for. Nice work there.

I think I used ADT (free plugin), which mimics a tape delay effect that Lennon used lots. As for the fullness and loudness, yes I was aiming for that but I think I'm still falling short in some respects. I could use a few more reference track recommendations. Thanks for the comments!

It started out like the Cars, but that is about it. Nice mix, nice vocals, damn nice tune. Poppy for my taste, but I can see it in a top40 rotation.

Thanks! I go pretty poppy since I'd really like to sell a tune some time. Just trying to increase my odds.

I really like it. Love the guitar tones. The only thing for me is in the chorus, it seems crowded with the lead, backing vocals, and all the instruments up. Maybe I just want the lead vocal to cut through a little more.

J

Well that's probably just me putting my vocals low in the mix because I don't like my voice, but I hear that's a common issue. That said, I tend to put multiple guitar parts together and the mids do get hard to mix as a result. Thanks for the review!

Back