All Roads Lead to Rome.. or music.

linz

Just reading on a forum and the expression 'Lizard Lounge' was mentioned. I not knowing what it meant looked it up.

It means a man that hangs around bars and tries to chat up women for the night.

But that is not the point of the conversation, whilst googling this term this piece of music randomly came up so I gave it a listen. Never heard it before ..pretty cool. Give it a listen.

Just reading on a forum and the expression 'Lizard Lounge' was mentioned. I not knowing what it meant looked it up.

It means a man that hangs around bars and tries to chat up women for the night.

But that is not the point of the conversation, whilst googling this term this piece of music randomly came up so I gave it a listen. Never heard it before ..pretty cool. Give it a listen.

Sounds good to me. I always wanted to play sax, my mudda bought me a guitar! Muddas. I finally bought my own sax.

Just reading on a forum and the expression 'Lizard Lounge' was mentioned.
I think you mean "Lounge lizard."

By the way, back in 2004, when I was first getting into VSTis, a guy in a shop recommended an electric piano VSTi to me called "Lounge Lizard." I took a chance and bought it and discovered that it had the Fender Rhodes and Wurlitzer electric pianos ~ my favoured two e.p's. I actually used to have a Fender Rhodes. Anyway, in those days, I had to phone Canada {from London} to get it activated, but I was thrilled with the sounds. There are a number of great presets and it is so tweakable, it's like owning 45 electric pianos.
I still use it now and I wouldn't get rid of it for anyone or anything.
So whenever I see the phrase "Lounge Lizard" I don't think of some bar crawler, hitting on women, I think electric piano !!

By the way, back in 2004, when I was first getting into VSTis, a guy in a shop recommended an electric piano VSTi to me called "Lounge Lizard." I took a chance and bought it and discovered that it had the Fender Rhodes and Wurlitzer electric pianos ~ my favoured two e.p's. I actually used to have a Fender Rhodes. Anyway, in those days, I had to phone Canada {from London} to get it activated, but I was thrilled with the sounds. There are a number of great presets and it is so tweakable, it's like owning 45 electric pianos.
So whenever I see the phrase "Lounge Lizard" I don't think of some bar crawler, hitting on women, I think electric piano !!
Cool story about the VSTS, I understand as I am a long time user of them. Yes I got it the wrong way round. I often do this, I was left handed as a kid and the teachers made me write with my right hand and it messed brain up. I started mirror writing then..ever since I get things the wrong way round.

I was left handed as a kid and the teachers made me write with my right hand and it messed brain up
Actually, I've long looked at it the other way around ~ if you were naturally left-handed but became right-handed, that would tend to indicate that you have a very versatile brain that can handle more than the average. Kind of like the way that footballers that can kick with either foot are so much more unpredictable, creative, and therefore valuable.

I was left handed as a kid and the teachers made me write with my right hand and it messed brain up. I started mirror writing then..ever since I get things the wrong way round.
Same here. The nuns cracked my left hand with the ruler and not with the flat side either. Now I write right handed. I play all sports left handed, play guitar and pool right handed, throw darts with either. The list goes on.

There was a video game back in the day called Leisure Suit Larry. The main character in it was basically a lounge lizard. The term reminds me of that game.

Same here. The nuns cracked my left hand with the ruler and not with the flat side either. Now I write right handed. I play all sports left handed, play guitar and pool right handed, throw darts with either. The list goes on.
Ouch..and I thought I was badly done to lol.

Sinister : of, relating to, or situated to the left or on the left side of something es
Bloody hell yeh I looked that up, that's a really bad definition, how strange. Just to add to your nun comment, my grandfather was Italian and he suffered the same fate. Cruel f..ers those nuns.

Bloody hell yeh I looked that up, that's a really bad definition, how strange. Just to add to your nun comment, my grandfather was Italian and he suffered the same fate. Cruel f..ers those nuns.
Sister Patrick used to lead me around by the ear. I think she liked me. I do believe I received a superior education while there?

I have that Lounge Lizard plug. You mean the one from AAS, right?

Edit: Actually, I just realized I have Lounge Lizard Session (part of the "Session Bundle"). It's like the Lounge Lizard "lite" version. Still sounds great, though.

I went to Catholic school 3rd, 4th, half of 5th, 6th and half of 7th grade...was never once hit by anyone. We had detentions and each day Mother superior would announce over the school public address system..(In every classroom) who was going to detention that day...No secrets as to who was in trouble or not..If you had siblings, they knew. If you screwed up too much you got expelled.

I still live just a half block from that school, mostly good memories. My buddy just held a celebration of life for his 20 year old son there in the church...He had me play keys and sing Hallelujah and back up a gal with some great pipes... It was weird being inside this huge church 60 years later ...memories rushing through my head..

Last edited:
Night and day from public school....far superior and advanced...no screwing around teaching to the median...sink or swim mutha!
I went for first and second grade. Then I had to leave because both my parents had been divorced and remarried. Then I was
accepted again for sixth and seventh grade, by then I was ruined and beyond redemption. I wound up dropping out of high
school, I couldn't take it, it bored me to death. College wasn't deemed as important then and I knew I would make it.

Last edited:
I have that Lounge Lizard plug. You mean the one from AAS, right?
That's the one.
Edit: Actually, I just realized I have Lounge Lizard Session (part of the "Session Bundle"). It's like the Lounge Lizard "lite" version. Still sounds great, though.
I can't imagine the lite version being of lesser quality.
Theoretically, one should be able to take the first preset and tweak it any which way to make all the others. Or at least, that's how my brain works.
It's easy to suppose that an electric piano should be easy to emulate, but that hasn't been my experience. When I had to sell the Rhodes back in late 2001 {same day I sold my Hammond, my Leslie and my upright piano.....a day of woe !}, it took me 3 years before I found a satisfactory solution in the Lounge Lizard. I tried a few keyboard modules and what I routinely found back then was that each one might have one or two great sounds and loads of shitty ones. Interestingly, the mellotron and electric piano sounds were generally the weaker ones, except for one stupendous EP sound in a module that was so poor I swapped it {and have never found that stupendous sound again}.
Then I discovered VSTis and the rest is history.

Back