Alesis Monitor One

The Monitor Ones are not favored around here. Do a search, and you'll find a lot of negative comments. I don't know about the MKIIs.

i use them and i love them, because they are way better than the house speakers i was using before.

having said that. when i bought them, they were the best piece of gear in my studio, now they are slowly creeping toward the bottom of the gear list.

Cyan, if your mum and dad would see you write that......... you'd be back in the village faster than........:D :D :D

Oh and Alesis monitors? They don't exist

What passive monitors do you like, and why?

Should I put my 25-year-old, 75-watt, Sansui AU-717 power amp back in the basement, and pop for active monitors?

Yo Sibley:

Don't need to catacomb your amp. Get a pair of Yorkville passives for budget reasons and quality sound. They're certainly not the best out there; however, you will find many favorable reports if you search around this site.

If you get them, get cables with banana plugs [if they work in your amp] as the Yorkvilles will accept straight wire or banana. I just switched the cables around on my rig and put the Yorks on the banana plugs -- very secure connection and solid sound.

Happy St. Patrick's Day

Green Hornet:D :cool: :cool: :p

PS The Yorks make the Alesis I's look like tin cans and string.

I've heard the monitor twos. they sound good as a home system- very hi fi, but when it comes to mixing, everything already sounds good,so you dont know what you have to do.

sjoko2 LOL. THe only time I've lived in a village is when I came to arkadelphia to school. a town of 10,000 people took a lot of getting used to.

Back