Adobe Audition 3 corrupted .ses file

seabab

One of my .ses files will not open. Attached are images of the 2 error messages I get as well as an image of the session trying to load but gets stuck. Anybody know how to repair a .ses file?

Attachments

• Adobe Audtion 3 (1).png
    Adobe Audtion 3 (1).png
    11.1 KB · Views: 7
  • Adobe Audtion 3 (2).png
    Adobe Audtion 3 (2).png
    7.5 KB · Views: 7
  • Adobe Audtion 3 (3).png
    Adobe Audtion 3 (3).png
    4.7 KB · Views: 7
Hi,
From what I'm reading you should navigate to
C:\Users\<your_windows_username>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Audition\3.0\
and backup, or just delete, the two workspace folders there.

Do this with audition fully quit, then open it afterwards.

If that's no good go through the reinstall process but choose 'Advanced Uninstall' to purge all configurations and preference files.

You on a Mac or PC? Mac you can go to Time Machine and find the last working version - PC there is a restore function but I don’t know how it works.
Additionally Adobe Audition saves several temporary files for old sessions, and you can find them here:
Windows — C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Temp\Adobe\Audition\11.0 - Mac — ~Library/Preferences/Adobe/Audition/11.0
The name of the folder differs based on your version of Adobe Audition. Also, you may need to enable hidden files and extensions to see the files titled AudxA1234.tmp, where 1234 represents random numbers assigned to a temporary file.

You on a Mac or PC? Mac you can go to Time Machine and find the last working version - PC there is a restore function but I don’t know how it works.
Additionally Adobe Audition saves several temporary files for old sessions, and you can find them here:
Windows — C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Temp\Adobe\Audition\11.0 - Mac — ~Library/Preferences/Adobe/Audition/11.0
The name of the folder differs based on your version of Adobe Audition. Also, you may need to enable hidden files and extensions to see the files titled AudxA1234.tmp, where 1234 represents random numbers assigned to a temporary file.
Thanks kindly! I'll see if I can find the temp files.

Hi,
From what I'm reading you should navigate to
C:\Users\<your_windows_username>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Audition\3.0\
and backup, or just delete, the two workspace folders there.

Do this with audition fully quit, then open it afterwards.

If that's no good go through the reinstall process but choose 'Advanced Uninstall' to purge all configurations and preference files.
Thanks! Much appreciated!

Back