ADK Hamburg

Webb

Just curious to hear people's thoughts on an ADK Hamburg used primarily as a vocal mic.

I am...er, um...I know someone who is a weak singer with a nasally voice who is considering this mic as their primary vocal mic. :D

Good choice? Better choices (besides vocal lessons)?? ....

Thanks Harvey! I respect your opinion. How do you think the Hamburg compares soundwise to an MXL v69?

Thanks Harvey! I respect your opinion. How do you think the Hamburg compares soundwise to an MXL v69?
The V69 is a little smoother with a little more top end sheen, but the Hamburg has a very rich midrange sound. I'd be happy using either one.

I used to own a pair,
they sounded excellent on pretty much everything,
male vox, acoustic guitar, accordion, and was amazing on grand piano

As Harvey said though, it is a tad dark, I did find that I had to boost some high's to make most things sound to the best of it's potential.

Just curious to hear people's thoughts on an ADK Hamburg used primarily as a vocal mic.

I am...er, um...I know someone who is a weak singer with a nasally voice who is considering this mic as their primary vocal mic. :D

Good choice? Better choices (besides vocal lessons)?? ....

I found it to sound somewhat harsh/brittle on my voice---not particularly dark, though not hyped. Sounds somewhat better running through my Brick (tube pre), but still nothing particularly special. I think it would make a nasally vocalist sound worse, but that's just my gut feeling.

My advice would be voice lessons, but if you're going to try a mic, I'd say CAD M9. Again, it's a guess, but it might be a better choice. Find a Guitar Center or something and try one. You might like what you hear (or at least hate it less). :D

Back