Add drums to my Pop Punk/alternative song??

macbeth182

Ok so I recorded both rythm and lead parts to a song yesterday using protools. It sounds pretty awesome but I need someone to add drums. I can email you the mp3 file and if you like it you could add drums. Thanks! It would mean alot.

-Dan

Dan,
Check out some drum software and try doing it yourself. The software available is amazing. Just a suggestion.

Do you think you could post the MP3 up in this thread so potential drummers could listen and see if they might be interested? ;)

I looked it up. Cool song. As RAMI asked, was it recorded to a click? If so, I don't quite understand the timing of the change at 0:52...

Here's the song for reference:

Last edited:
I did not use a click.... That part at :52 is when the chorus kicks in so i wanted it to have an energetic punch. I appreciate you checking it out.. I just wanna hear how it sounds with drums :) its my first demo!

The point was that applying drums after the event is more difficult without a click - you might have the perfect rhythm in your head, but no-one else does. If you want someone to spend time and effort drumming for you, mightn't be a bad idea to make it as easy as possible for them....

I have to admit that, considering you're not playing to a click, your timing's very good. There are a few changes that are a bit weird to me, but I'm sure they work in the context of the whole tune. But it's going to be hard to find someone who's willing to lay down a drum track without a click.

i appreciate it. In my head i think it would work though.. your right though hopefully someone can understand what i'm trying do with the song and the direction i see it going :)

Hes lying, hes one of the best ;)

Just record it again with a click track.....easy peasy

I don't mind creating a tempo layout for anyone who wants to add drums, but it'll be ProTools only I'm afraid.
If it's any use I could create a fast click wav for someone to line up in their own daw.

Back