Acoustic priority

kno1ills@yahoo.

I'm building panels right now, but unfortunately i'm progressively making them because I'm on a budget. Just wondering what areas would you guys recommend treating first when treating a room? ie: corners first, initial reflection points second, ceiling third etc...

The whole room will eventually get treated, some day.

Also, how important is it to treat the overhead are above your listening position?

Thanks for any info.

I made and put up all my bass traps first. These were all placed in corners, wall to wall as well as wall to ceiling, what a huge difference they made in my room. Then I started on my walls and you could still hear a difference. I still need to do reflection points and my ceiling, just been to busy this summer to get to them.

Just wondering what areas would you guys recommend treating first when treating a room? ie: corners first,
I'd go with either "superchunks" in the corners, or panels straddled across the corners first. If panels, you should use 4" thick Owens Corning 703 or equivalent. However, if your budget can handle it, personally I'd shoot for the superchunks. For a floor to cieling(standard 8') superchunk, it takes six, 4" thick, 2'x4' panels, cut in half, and then each half cut in a diagonal and stacked. There are many ways to cover these. It just depends on what you want the finished product to look like. Anyway, here is a superchunk.
You can use them at Wall/Wall corners as well as Wall/Cieling corners.
fitZ:)

Attachments

• s.jpg
    s.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 31
  • Superchunk @ Wall to Wall Corner.jpg
    Superchunk @ Wall to Wall Corner.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 32
Was just gonna use 4" 703 panels for the corners, although I would love to slap those super chunk absorbers. My studio is a common space in my house so I can't do to much to it.

Back