Acoustic guitar mic preamp under 1000$

vintage-r

Hello
I'm new here. I didn't follow all the previous topics but Id like to ask you about mic preamp under 1000$. I use Apogee duet2, new AKG C414xls and Martin D18. Im very into vintage kind of warm acoustic guitar sound Havens/Page and masterpiece Paris Texas by Ry Cooder. What kind of preamp under 1000 would you suggest to get closer to it? Secondary purpose is electric guitar (vintage amp and axe fuzz, boosters etc). Im thinking about UA TwinFinity 710 or 610 basicly one channel tube one as the second mic would go directly to Apogee. Are these preamps a right direction? Thank you. Ritchie

Before buying an expensive preamp that may not do anything for your recording quality, read this thread about acoustic guitar recording - lots of good suggestions.
Is your recording space acoustically treated? If not, that should be your next investment.

Thank you. Its not a problem to record in diffusor room. My only concern is right mic preamp described in my post.
ritchie

Thank you. Its not a problem to record in diffusor room. My only concern is right mic preamp described in my post.
ritchie

ok then, well out of the two you mentioned I'd get the UA twinfinity, but also consider the ISA two or ISA one by focusrite, they are great mic preamps for the money

Back