acoustic cover of Phil Lynotts "Old Town"

The guitar is just direct in with a little bleed onto the vocal mic. I think the pickup sound is useable - it has a mic modeler built in. I haven't had time to record it properly with mics yet but I will when time allows.

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7269678

Great cover. One of fav Lynott song.

One thing that people do when covering Lynott\Lizzy is make a balls of the vox trying to sound like Phil. No such issue here, really nice delivery with plenty of feeling in your voice portraying the lyrics. The guitar is a bit thinny but thats just me if you like it then thats all that matters

Hey, I have never heard of this particular Phil nor have I heard this song before, but maybe that is an interesting perspective for you to get...

Anyway, I think you have a great voice:)...expressive, as mentioned below, and well captured...with a lot of personality to it. Generally, I think acoustic guitars sound horrible direct in, but this is kind of nice but maybe a bit small sounding...clear enough though.

Not much help I guess, but I listened to it a few times - thought you did a good job and wanted to let you know it. Your singing is certainly the highlight here :).

Hey, I have never heard of this particular Phil nor have I heard this song before, but maybe that is an interesting perspective for you to get...

Anyway, I think you have a great voice:)...expressive, as mentioned below, and well captured...with a lot of personality to it. Generally, I think acoustic guitars sound horrible direct in, but this is kind of nice but maybe a bit small sounding...clear enough though.

Not much help I guess, but I listened to it a few times - thought you did a good job and wanted to let you know it. Your singing is certainly the highlight here :).

Cheers! Phil Lynott was of Thin Lizzy fame.

Back