Abfusers efficacy?

CrowsofFritz

Flamingo!
Has anyone bought abfusers (absorption and diffusion combined)?

I got four of them for my tiny studio room and it did a lot more for the sound than I was expecting. They’re about 13 pounds each.

I wanted this primarily because I thought they looked nice. And if I’m going to be in a room for most of my time in the house, I don’t want it to look ugly.

Attachments

• IMG_1206.jpeg
    IMG_1206.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 14
er, I headed off to buy some, but they seem to be two hundred Euros each? Am I looking at a different product?
I got it on Reverb, but now that you mention it, all websites show each one of my dimensions I got are 94 euro each—still more than what I got, but half of what you’re saying.

They are indeed expensive. It’s probably the wood shell that contributes a lot to the price.

In terms of efficacy, I imagine a homemade rockwool panel of 2 inches (6 cm) would be practically identical. But I wanted things to look nice lol

Has anyone bought abfusers (absorption and diffusion combined)?

I got four of them for my tiny studio room and it did a lot more for the sound than I was expecting. They’re about 13 pounds each.

I wanted this primarily because I thought they looked nice. And if I’m going to be in a room for most of my time in the house, I don’t want it to look ugly.
What exactly did it do to the acoustics of the room? And can you show where you put them?

What exactly did it do to the acoustics of the room? And can you show where you put them?
My room was lively and not in a good way. I’ll attach some pictures. Basically I put one on each side of the window in the picture with the couch. And two on the other wall. I don’t have a monitoring system at the moment, so I’m not terribly concerned with acoustics that buttress that.

I just wanted to tame the reverberation. I also got another larger rug, and that helped too.

Attachments

• IMG_1092.jpeg
    IMG_1092.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1091.jpeg
    IMG_1091.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1093.jpeg
    IMG_1093.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 7
Back