Aardvark Direct Pro 24/96 Problem! - Urgent!!

Tekker

I'm right in the middle of a recording project, or well I should be.... But my Aardvark card isn't working...

None of the inputs are showing any signs of life (I tried all 4 of them to make sure it wasn't just a bad input), but the output is working perfectly for some reason. So I tried to reinstall the Aardvark Drivers and now when I try to open the Aardvark Mixer it gives me the following error message:

The procedure entry point SMapLS could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll.

I have no idea what is wrong with it, but I really need to be able to record because we are on a deadline... So if anyone can help out I'd REALLY appriciate it! :)

Thanks,
-tkr

Remove the card from your computer and book it up without the card in it. Then turn the computer off, insert the PCI card again and reinstall everything.

This will make your computer think you are installing a new piece of hardware.

Hopes that works!!!

Ok, now I can't seem to get the manager (mixer) to install from the CD... I unistalled everything and deleted all the files before I uninstalled the card so I could install fresh... When I run the setup from the Aardvark CD, it installs a bunch of files, but the aardvark manager isn't one of them.

It does install an aardvark.exe file, but when I try to open it, nothing happens at all. It looks like it's trying to open it (my computer starts making a bunch of clicking noises) but then it just stops and nothing ever happens.

-tkr

I'm still getting the same error message...

The procedure entry point SMapLS could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll.

This is the site that I downloaded the latest drivers from... So everything "should" be working by now!
http://www.aardvarkaudio.com/aasd-v1/download/drivers.html

We did some recording last weekend and everything worked perfectly! So I don't know why it just stopped working all of a sudden...

Any more ideas? We've been trying for over 2 hours to get this thing to work! :confused:

-tkr

The weirdest thing is that it'll still play from my recording program (Samplitude) through the Aardvark...

:confused: :confused:

-tkr

The error you are getting is a windows related thing, it seems. Update your windows 2000 (start->windows update)

Is this the first time you have seen this error?

I know that reinstalling windows 2000 should solve your problem...but that seems like overkill.

Yes this is the first time I've seen this error message... But this is also my first recording project since I've installed windows 2000. We did two days worth of recording last weekend and everything worked perfectly... But today when I tried recording, I wasn't getting any sound at all from the inputs... The outputs do still work, so I have no idea why that is, but the Aardvark mixer won't even open now without giving that error message.

I really don't want to have to reinstall windows, because then I'd have to reinstall all my programs and plugins and stuff again, not to mention it takes forever to install windows... So if you have anymore ideas that would be great! :)

-tkr

You can reinstall the operating system without wiping everything else.

Just pop your cd in and re-install it. I have done this lots of times and all your software will still work...but be warned, that I would make a backup just in case:D

Great, now we can't find the Windows 2000 CD... This is just fantastic! :rolleyes:

I just made a backup of my program files, is there anything else that I should backup... If we ever find the 2000 CD that is... :confused:

-tkr

More problems!! :mad:

This is my new error message, when I try to install Windows 2000...

Windows 2000 Setup does not support upgrading from Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional Service Pack 4 to Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional Service Pack 2

Then it won't give me the option to "upgrade" or install over the top of the existing OS and it will only let me do a clean install and I certainly don't want to do that!

Any ideas what that is all about?

So well after 4 hours, everyone has gone home... and I guess they'll come back once (IF) everything starts working again... :(

-tkr

Ok, well I got Windows 2000 reinstalled, but I still get the same exact error message as before...

I guess we are done recording now! :(

-tkr

Back