A song of mine - please review it

fakas

Hi here is an ambience song i made for the vovox contest on past year.
Please give me your feedback.
Thanks.

it's got some interesting chords! I'm not sure about wind sfx mixing well with the track, it's more of an EQ thing, the mix also sounds static and would benefit from some automation, especially to turn the waves sfx down after the intro.

You have a pop @ 0.31

Acoustic guitar sounds a bit lacking in depth for mine, and what it's playing seems a little same same same all the way through..

The slide note @ 2.13 is flat

You have another pop @ 2.26

The waves sound appears mono and sounds more like noise and cuts off abruptly at the end, as does the rest of the sound.

maybe put some reverb with predelay on the guitars and cut of some high...just a little. Maybe it will help creating some depth.
I agree with the Wave sound..try some automation with the wave sound...let it disappear after the intro and return for the ending and maybe in some middle parts...

The guitars sound nicely. I really like the harmony. Maybe the ending could fade out a little sooner? Unless you like that harsh ending...Or put some Delay with automation on the last Chords...or leave it the way it is! ;)

maybe put some reverb with predelay on the guitars and cut of some high...just a little. Maybe it will help creating some depth.
I agree with the Wave sound..try some automation with the wave sound...let it disappear after the intro and return for the ending and maybe in some middle parts...

The guitars sound nicely. I really like the harmony. Maybe the ending could fade out a little sooner? Unless you like that harsh ending...Or put some Delay with automation on the last Chords...or leave it the way it is! ;)

Thank you for your feedback, yes maybe some more depth can increase the impact of the song.

Thank you all for your feedback, definitily the waves fx is not sitting well in the mix, there are pop's to clean and a flat note...
Beyond these fixes i'm thinking in what to add to the song to make it less repetitive.

Confirmation on Armistice's pops and flat note. More at :42 and :54. Several others too.

Acoustic guitar sounds pretty good to me. I thought the bass sounded pretty good too.

Honestly I wouldn't add anything. It's short, and there are substantial changes to the arrangement/instruments halfway through, just when I was hoping for a change. I think that with this kind of music the purpose is to be sort of relaxing and mellow (right?) so I think you got it right. Just my opinion, I don't write this style of music though!

Thanks for the feedback. Well maybe keep it unchanged will fit better the purpose of an "ambience song". Probably i'll keep it as it is.

It's cool - I love ocean-y stuff.

During the song, the waves sound stronger in the left side to me, and that's a little distracting, but no big deal - maybe it's just my system, anyway. The guitar sounds fairly compressed, but I think it works.

nice!

love the production sound on the acoustic guitars, lovely and big and bright sounding

I think the wind sound would have been better mixed centrally! or panning constantly from left to right, back and forth!

It's cool - I love ocean-y stuff.

During the song, the waves sound stronger in the left side to me, and that's a little distracting, but no big deal - maybe it's just my system, anyway. The guitar sounds fairly compressed, but I think it works.

nice!

Thank you for your feedback, the waves sound was put on the left intentionally but i've got to work better on how it sits in the mix.

Back