A sad song of sorts

sprayfe

Critique please. Not one of my standard songs, I went a little flat on that first note (stuff you always notice after the fact). Let me know if you have any mix tips! Thanks once again,

Rafe

www.purevolume.com/stillme

the fall

how long has it been since you felt anything at all
how long did it take to see how far the fall could be
if you could see
that in running this race you've forgotten why you stopped in the first place
how far will you chase this, love, it will only fade
how far will you fake it, dear, you've seen the plans i've made
just drop, your heart could stop
and in running this race you've forgotten why you stopped in the first place

the whole phasing thing trips me out... once i'm done having a seizure i'll tell you... *seizing*... okay. anyways. pretty good singer. i think with soft rock ballod drums and a strung out bass line in the background it would sound better. not bad though. not my kind of music, but definitely not bad

Nice job. I listened to the first one you posted too, but after Chris Harris posted, there wasn't much I needed to add that would've had any impact. I think your music would benefit from maybe getting with a band, or learning to play more instruments. Guitar/vocal stuff is nice, but sometimes you have to shake them up a bit.
Very nice though. And you recovered well from the little sour note in the beginning.

brandonkrause said:
the whole phasing thing trips me out... once i'm done having a seizure i'll tell you... *seizing*... okay. anyways. pretty good singer. i think with soft rock ballod drums and a strung out bass line in the background it would sound better. not bad though. not my kind of music, but definitely not bad

Agree on the above.. Maybe the phasing depth could be a bit less? What I don't understand is that the lead vocals are panned pretty hard to one side.. The supporting vocals fill the void to the other side, but only when present. Why didn't you center the leadvox a bit more and spread the backing somehow?

Not my type of music either, but the vocals sound pretty solid.. I whish I could make music... Pitty, I'm a drummer..

Back