A Quick Note to Leopard 10.5.x with Pro Tools LE 7.4 Users

GOODLAND

I have recently installed Leopard on my Mac Pro Quad Intel home studio computer. I currently am running Mac OS 10.5.2 with Pro Tools LE 7.4cs3. So far the Only problem I have come accross is when using Native Instrument Plug-ins. Whenever I add any Native Instrument plug-in to any track, the Digi003R losses comunication from Pro Tools. Since I need to use my NI plug-ins I simply went back to my Tiger partition on my Hard Drive. Bottom line is Pro Tools LE 7.4 will work fine with Leopard on a Mac Pro or MacBook Pro, as long as you don't need to use Native Instrument Plug-ins.

I have recently installed Leopard on my Mac Pro Quad Intel home studio computer. I currently am running Mac OS 10.5.2 with Pro Tools LE 7.4cs3. So far the Only problem I have come accross is when using Native Instrument Plug-ins. Whenever I add any Native Instrument plug-in to any track, the Digi003R losses comunication from Pro Tools. Since I need to use my NI plug-ins I simply went back to my Tiger partition on my Hard Drive. Bottom line is Pro Tools LE 7.4 will work fine with Leopard on a Mac Pro or MacBook Pro, as long as you don't need to use Native Instrument Plug-ins.

Has LE 7.4 officially been released for Leopard yet? I know HD has but I thought they still hadn't done LE yet...

Has LE 7.4 officially been released for Leopard yet? I know HD has but I thought they still hadn't done LE yet...

Technically, Pro Tools LE 7.4 does not support Leopard, but it works great. You just can't use NI Plug-Ins. I personally am going to wait for Digidesign to officially release PTLE 7.4 for Leopard.

Technically, Pro Tools LE 7.4 does not support Leopard, but it works great. You just can't use NI Plug-Ins. I personally am going to wait for Digidesign to officially release PTLE 7.4 for Leopard.

That's what I've found - I tested it out and it seemed to work just fine (didn't try and NI plugs), but I'm still gonna wait for it to be officially supported before making the switch.

thanks for the heads up :)

I think you really just got lucky. I'm in school with classmates trying to run 7.4 in leopard. VERY mixed results. Some people have no issues, some have buggy menus, some have random crashes and the grey screen of death.

I wouldn't say its safe to upgrade to leopard just based on your experience.

I think you really just got lucky. I'm in school with classmates trying to run 7.4 in leopard. VERY mixed results. Some people have no issues, some have buggy menus, some have random crashes and the grey screen of death.

I wouldn't say its safe to upgrade to leopard just based on your experience.

I'm not saying it is safe to upgrade yet. I was just pointing out a problem that I stumbled upon and also suggesting that if you already are stuck with Leopard then there is a chance Pro Tools LE 7.4 will work for you, but I am in no way declaring that PTLE 7.4 works with Leopard. I myself am not using PTLE 7.4 with Leopard, just tested it so I could report back to my good friends at HomeRecording.com;)

I am in no way declaring that PTLE 7.4 works with Leopard.

Sure you are. See your first post:

Bottom line is Pro Tools LE 7.4 will work fine with Leopard on a Mac Pro or MacBook Pro, as long as you don't need to use Native Instrument Plug-ins.

It did NOT work fine for me on my Mac Pro running Leopard, and I don't use Native Instrument plugins at all. I had to find a way to downgrade to Tiger to get it operating properly.

Best to do exactly what you are doing - run Tiger and wait for Digi to declare it compatible. That will be in 30-60 days according to the post from Digi on the DUC.

Back