A Project...

Well that's sweet. He has yet to actually utter a word to me first person direct without obscenities and threats. In post 7 here, he actually apologizes to Greg and Chili for threatening me, which is fucked, but he obviously has strong ideas about who among us deserves respect. When you have a mansion full of vintage LPs, Marshalls, and Fender amps, I guess you don't mix with just any riff raff.
Maybe so. His verbal attack on you was unwarranted and way over-the-top. I was pretty surprised to see it. I mean people flip out in here all the time over nothing, but that was just weird. Then he went off on JCH and that was just WTF? My first thoughts were that it was just a joke. Had to be a joke. But maybe it wasn't. Maybe you should send him an album. :laughings:

ff said:
...When you have a mansion full of vintage LPs, Marshalls, and Fender amps, I guess you don't mix with just any riff raff.
I told him I wasn't sure he was for real. That's when he flipped out on me.

There will always be poser's on the web. They can get pretty nasty when they're outed.

Gibsons are priced the way they are because they can be. Amps are the same way. There's so much low end crap out there now that the really good stuff comes at a price. A new Gibson in your hands is *usually* a better guitar than some ESP or Dean POS. And Gibsons are still made in the USA. That alone commands a bigger price tag because unionized factory workers gotta make 70 bucks an hour and get 19 smoke/coffee breaks per day. That costs money. Asian kids in sweatshops work 25 hours a day for 3 cents per hour. That costs less money.
Don't forget the resale. A brand new gibson that you spend $1500 on will still fetch over $1000 in the used market
A no name guitar that you pay a builder $1000 to build will fetch $150 in the used market

I've been flamed a lot (which is weird considering I'm nice and never offensive or abrasive) ... Mostly in the cave though.
That dude is an amature at going off on someone. I've had to juggle gang tackles by well versed flamers so I should know.
:D

Hey gerg I have a double live Ramones vinyl album from way back titled "it's alive" or something like that.
Do you want it?

I've been flamed a lot (which is weird considering I'm nice and never offensive or abrasive) ... Mostly in the cave though.
That dude is an amature at going off on someone. I've had to juggle gang tackles by well versed flamers so I should know.
:D

Hey gerg I have a double live Ramones vinyl album from way back titled "it's alive" or something like that.
Do you want it?

I already have it, but thanks anyway. :)

That is a fantastic example of Ramones live power and glory at an early peak. That album is bad ass.

Don't forget the resale. A brand new gibson that you spend $1500 on will still fetch over $1000 in the used market
A no name guitar that you pay a builder $1000 to build will fetch $150 in the used market

Not true as it happens but there you go.... It depends entirely on what is built and for whom. Some of the stuff I've built over the years has sold for way above what I charged.

Not true as it happens but there you go.... It depends entirely on what is built and for whom. Some of the stuff I've built over the years has sold for way above what I charged.

That's because you're a famous builder who custom builds guitars for rock stars.

Seriously though ....
Rule of thumb is that resale is terrible on no name guitars. The good news is most of the time they are very good instruments and people who aquire them are buying for keeps and not interested in resale value.
If one is interested in resale it's hard to beat used American fenders and Gibsons in my opinion.

You would have to be totally ignorant of the fair market value to end up with one you can't get your money back out of

Back