A new song just in time for xmas

I like the opening...................ok; here's the vocals...............acoustic sounds good....maybe just a little thin.....drums sound good......I like it; but I'm too buzzed to make any deep comments.........I'm going to bed.....;)

It's a good tune but it drags just a bit during the verse,Like the melody and you could bring the vox forward a little more and EQ the guitars better,Decent tune,dig the little harmonics:)

Thanks for the comments :) Do you mean it drags when the drastic time change happens? Move the vox forward? Does that mean turn the volume up? And how are the guitars eq'd bad? Muddy, thin, or what? I appreciate the feedback. :) Thanks...

~Donnie

Okay Donnie,
I downloaded it and gave the song another 10 or so listens in the headphones and it sounded way better than the stream from nowhere thru the comp speakers.The pops and clicks drove me f-ing nutz but it's that the whole sound lacks air like you did it all in a small padded room,not crazy about the main acoustic rythm being upfront and the dist guitar being in the background,especially at the emotional solo type part.And when that change comes at 1:17 it just feels too drastic,like it's trying to be dramatic and when you come back to it at 2:11 it feels different and works better for some reason,like you caught the groove better that time and there's this weird high pitch sound that comes thru from the very beginning,like something was recorded too low and then boosted for the sake of the mix.EQ each vocal track differently to make them more distinguishable and maybe do the same with the guitars,everything sounds muddy like all the instraments are operating on the same frequency.Drums sound flat like they need reverb on the snare at least.This song grew on me but it has problems that turned me off at first.I wish more people would be specific when answering replies,also.I fall into that habit myself as we've seen here.Being an amature ,I have similar problems and can only pass along info that was handed down to me from some of the bigger names in this great and wonderful forum of talented artists;)

Good post WISC... Yeah, the pops and clicks will be gone soon.. that's the tedious part... or maybe I'll just leave em there to piss people people off :D Now umm... It sounds like the whole thing was recorded in a padded room? Well, I performed/recorded this myself, so each instrument was recorded individually. I did put reverb on almost everything, so I don't know what else I could do about that small room sound. Also, I never put a small room reverb on anything, don't like it much. The reason the dist guitar is not upfront is because I was going for more of an acoustic feel for the song. Maybe I should switch the two around when it comes into that solo. I've listened to the 1:17 tempo change over and over, and I can't find any bad tempo problems with the change. That's the chorus to verse change. The 2:11 change is the solo to chorus, so that's probably why it sounds a little better. Not as drastic as a tempo change. I cannot find that high pitch sound that you are talking about. I'm listening on my event 20/20's and my AKG K240's, can't find it. :confused: I understand what you are saying about the EQ. Everything is pretty much on the same frequency, but how is it possible to overcome that? The way I do it is just eq it so the instrument itself sounds good and lays in the mix well. Doesn't sound muddy to me, but maybe that is the wrong word to use. I've listened to the snare throughout the whole song, and I agree. Definetly use more of or another reverb, especially during the verse. Sorry about not being specific on my first reply. I'm a lowly amature, still learning. :D Awesome reply man... Thanks :)

I've been working on this song for a while, I can't seem to get it to sound any better. :( Anymore suggestions? Or does the song just need to be re-written? New version is up...

http://www.nowhereradio.com/soundprizm/singles

Also.. I use nuendo.. Is there a way to stretch the song, except for the 2 leads going during the solo. Right during the change from the solo into the chorus. It seems to need to have a longer pause. Thanks...

~Donnie

Back