a new direction for me what do think

jasgav

so this is a new musicial direction for me. myspace.com/metheband check out song #4 then let me know what you think

Listening as I type.....to 4

Nice guitar playing combined with subtle synth backups. Tone on the guitar sounds like rhythm pickup - fat and toneful - cool.... I like the fast riffs, tasty and fluid.

Some Dire Straits type playing there....

Nice reverb that shines in places....

Drums are ok - don't get in the way which is good just backing track.....

This sounds like one take on the guitar - if yes that makes it even more impressive than it already is.....

Very smooth....enjoyed this a lot.....

ido

:) :D :) :D

EDIT - can you post a link that we (lazy people) can just click on?
Like this:
http://www.myspace.com/metheband

jasgav said:
where's the love???
Don't sweat it dude. Sometimes, the board is on slow cycle. Fewer people visiting. :)

Very nice playing. I'd say moody pop instrumental. And those runs sound nice. Nice story-telling with a proper melody and good runs in there.

Was expecting the tone of the guitar to jump towards distorted power metal tone.

Anyhoo, it's very nice as is. I don't have any mix suggestions. Creativity wise, this is a nice track.

Love the bell-like guitar tones! What guitar/pickups/amp are you using in this song? Definitely Dire Straits esque in the runs, especially, clean and sweet :)

Really, really nice work. The keyboard sample isn't quite up to the standard of the rest though. Is it possible to use another?

thanks guys is always cool when you record something and others dig it too
production notes: I can't remember if I used my joe sat ibanez or my mid 80's destroyer with a jazz pick up in the neck, one of the two but I did record it using the neck pick up. amp? actually a painstakingly tweeked pod (fender based) keys I agree could be better however it's all I have. I would love drop a grand on a new keyboard someday. any brands or models I should look for? used is good.

ps how do you edit into links like that?

jasgav said:
thanks guys is always cool when you record something and others dig it too
production notes: I can't remember if I used my joe sat ibanez or my mid 80's destroyer with a jazz pick up in the neck, one of the two but I did record it using the neck pick up. amp? actually a painstakingly tweeked pod (fender based) keys I agree could be better however it's all I have. I would love drop a grand on a new keyboard someday. any brands or models I should look for? used is good.

ps how do you edit into links like that?
You can pick up a lot of used synths for a lot less than 1K on eBay....
All I did to post your link was go to your web page then copy the URL/address from the address drop down list and then pasted it into the post. The posting system here somehow know it's a link and turns it blue and you can then just click on it to go straight to the page... :)

ok i've tried all that with the links so it's not me. I'm not dumb the my computer's dumb maybe. I've dragged the page down and pasted from other pages. anyway

thanks to all for your comments

jasgav said:
ok i've tried all that with the links so it's not me. I'm not dumb the my computer's dumb maybe. I've dragged the page down and pasted from other pages. anyway

thanks to all for your comments
piaknowguy has the same problem and I've added his link as a favor on one occasion. It may have something to do with your profile (#Posts or something). You can always send an email to Dragon and ask for help if no one here has the solution - anyone? :confused: :)

Back