A Measure of Salt

Seems to dip quite a bit around 1:15, wonder if Mastering would sort this? Would probably sort the (very slight, personal preference) bottom end too, its a little light for me. The mix is cock on tho, maybe a bit of 2 and a half k on the kick if anything, I likes me click!

Andy

Thanks, Andy. I really appreciate the EQ tips. I fucked up on the mic placement this time.

and this is the final mix?

It's fine as far as the drums go that is a "sound" if you push the drums for a stronger sound you will run the risk of killing the astetic.

i would just turn the "Hat" down in the intro actually just some of the higher FEQ in the intro crash and hat.

only in the intro. and this is a small point just to let that lead shine a bit more.

and that's it for me.
great sounding tune.

please i'd say don't put more kik in, toms are fine, this is a 60's 70's sound not an 80's sound. drums are good as is!

This is just a back of the envelope temporary mix. We'll start from scratch and make corrections or rerecord based on everybody's comments.

Oh my God! Are "Little Purple Circles" Freemasons, too???:eek:

Damnit!

:p

......Busted. We're playing at Bohemian Grove on Saturday for a Bat Mitzvah.

But the masters still won't give us a spot on an American banknote. That's the ultimate.

;)

Shit man, I tried posting a review at "Not Lame", but it said I already did...But I didn't.

Anyway, I have to say that this is replacing "What You Were Meant to Be" as my favorite LPC tune. It's awesome in every aspect. The drums might be a little raw, for lack of a better word, but it would take alot more than that to diminish the top-notch-ness of this tune.

Shit man, I tried posting a review at "Not Lame", but it said I already did...But I didn't.

Anyway, I have to say that this is replacing "What You Were Meant to Be" as my favorite LPC tune. It's awesome in every aspect. The drums might be a little raw, for lack of a better word, but it would take alot more than that to diminish the top-notch-ness of this tune.

Thanks, Rami. We'll need to process the drums - I agree they need some work.

Coming from you, this is really high praise. Thanks.

We should try to meet sometime. I've got family in Washington State.

This sounds incredible. Way out of my range to nit pick at this. Those vocals sound seriously impressive man. I feel like the guitar solo could come up a bit/stand out more but i feel like i'm wrong cause the rest sounds so dead on. Yeah i'm going to have to buy your cd, i've had your mp3's that you've posted here on my mp3 player for free for way too long. Take care man, i'm a fan for sure. Great song.

take care
gary

i've listened to this song several times now, but haven't yet left a comment. just would like to say, Supercreep, you and Incanus are my heroes. your music rules. your production always sounds awesome. and your songs are well written. carry on bro.

Back